Auto Next Week

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 24 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hello,

I’m due to get an auto SCT at the Queen Elizabeth in Glasgow next week for my Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. I have been lucky to get into remission again using a trial of Nivolumab as a mono-therapy after relapse - it was great and has allowed me to stay pretty fit and well with relatively few side effects. 

Does anyone have any experiences of the QEUH or the BEAM conditioning therapy - even the transplant overall? Just to put my mind at ease or make the experience more straightforward.

Cheers

L

• Hi, the chemo will have acted upon and shrunk any cells replicating themselves, and if scar tissue was being ‘active’ at the time then yes, it would normally be affected. Sometimes it is coincidental too, that you find scar tissue easing. 
    yoh can do this, here’s hoping you won’t be long posting to a cancer charity in line forum, except to say you’re in remission!

• hugs xxx

Moomy

• My scar tissue continued to shrink between the end of my chemo April 2014 and a CT in January 2016 - 3 months after my second Allo SCT in Oct 2915.

Make sure you get the freeze head on Monday. Are they using the two pack oral rinse called Caphosol - Dr P said it cost a fortune but was very effective for me.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Thanks guys - my mood has went from 0 to 100.

Brain freeze planned and on the Caphasol as well!!!

• I set my alarm for every 3hrs for taking the Caphasol including a timer for the time I needed to rinse my mouth and never had any real problems- the staff are amazing.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge