Auto Next Week

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 24 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hello,

I’m due to get an auto SCT at the Queen Elizabeth in Glasgow next week for my Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. I have been lucky to get into remission again using a trial of Nivolumab as a mono-therapy after relapse - it was great and has allowed me to stay pretty fit and well with relatively few side effects. 

Does anyone have any experiences of the QEUH or the BEAM conditioning therapy - even the transplant overall? Just to put my mind at ease or make the experience more straightforward.

Cheers

L

• Looks great.

Sun rise today was 7.30 and sunset will be 6.45....... and in mid December sunrise will be 9am and sunset 3.30pm 6 1/2 hours daylight Grinning

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Yes I know! When son was at the RSAMD as it was then, in Glasgow, he used to tease us about daylight length, we got our own back when on holiday in Scotland, we phoned and told him how light it was in Invergordon! 
    Hugs xxx

Moomy

• So sorry  we have hijacked the thread a bit! 
    Hugs xxx

Moomy

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

I'm based in Falkirk but got moved through to the Beatson to go on the ANIMATE study. Forth Valley although more East falls under the WoS for Cancery Stuff.

I love writing my blog, it's a great way to order my thoughts of what has been a totally rubbish and surely unlucky year with the Hodgkin's and the Thyroid stuff. It also keeps everyone updated!

The scenery is beautiful - there is a wee place on the banks of Loch Lomond called Inversnaid - tiny but stunning!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to moomy

No worries! Loving the pictures!!!

• There’s also a cute place called Balmaha, on the east side of Loch Lomond, had a week there staying on a farm in the caravan. 

hugs xxx

Moomy

• Hi, hoping all is going as well as possible and that the unit at the Beatson is looking after you well,

hugs xxx

Moomy

• FormerMember

All good so far - onto day 3 of Chemo. Monday is Melphalan day with Tuesday being my new birthday!!

Was a wee bit thrown and upset earlier because the PET negative scar tissue in my neck shrunk a little. Just a wee unwanted reminder that it’s still there and this isn’t a guaranteed fix.

• Hopefully it will be a fix, though? That could even actually be scar tissue or active cancer responding to the pre-conditioning Chemo. 
    sending you lots of hugs, you can do this! xxx

Moomy

• FormerMember

Yeah all that data points towards Successful outcomes - especially for people round about my age. 

Can chemo shrink scar tissue? I imagine that there would have been some lymphoma left otherwise there would be no point in doing this. But just a bit of a fright because it’s maybe halved and just leaves you wondering how much lymphoma is actually there, will this work etc etc.

L xx