At risk group

• 5 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hey Guys. 
Got this from another site earlier and thought it was worth sharing.

Regards

Mark

https://www.facebook.com/bloodwise.uk/videos/1019335925105251/

• The link below takes you to the Bloodwise Info Page

bloodwise.org.uk/.../coronavirus-and-blood-cancer

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hey Mike,

How are you? It’s a bit unnerving to know I’m in the higher risk group. Even though my transplant was over 6 months ago I’m still on immunosuppressants although we are reducing them. 
    I’m in hospital tomorrow for my fortnightly check up and the hospital phoned me today and said that they were asking people not to take a friend or relative unless absolutely necessary. They also asked not to go to the haematology ward to give blood but go to the main one in the hospital where everyone else goes. Not ideal if I’m at a higher risk to be sitting amongst numerous other people. 
    Wish me luck. 
    Mark

• Hi Mark, I am doing good. Yes it makes you think but in reality we are as in as much danger from catching Flu leading to Pneumonia.

I will wish you luck Mark. Following my second Allo I was discharged with my counts at 0.9 as there were some bugs had made their way into the unit so I was safer at home.

Even with injections for a few months they still were very low. So as with now all you can do is follow the guidelines and for clinics I had a scarf round my face and gloves and looked for a space at a window and opened it .

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• I think with complications of a) older age group, b) other illnesses like asthma and diabetes, hubs and I too are at risk. Daughter too with a persistently low  immune level will be at risk and like you, Mike, wears a scarf around her face when anywhere near anyone! However, of course, she plays at concerts/gigs/teaches in conservatoires, one involving 160 miles travel! 
    I guess we will all need to stop touching our faces but always wash hands as if we were chopping onions but needed to deal with contact lenses!!!! 

Hugs xxx 

Moomy

• Thank you this is really helpful Alice x

Alice x