Another trip on the roller coaster

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 91 replies
  • 14 subscribers

To recap, I was doing fine at 2 years plus post-transplant. At my recent outpatients, they didn't like my blood counts, so I was called in for a bone marrow biopsy. The full results aren't back (they don't have the genetic profile yet, if that is the right term) but there are leukaemia cells there. The plan is that I go back in for 4-6 weeks and have some 'mild' chemo and some lymphocytes. They will see how I do on that, though they have to check first if I am fit enough, so ECG on Friday.  Alternative is twice weekly visits to outpatients for maintenance treatment - I really don't fancy that at all.  I felt consultant was cautiously optimistic that I wouldn't have to do the whole SCT cycle again.

Lots of packing to do.

Tessa

• I can relate to this Tessa and I do like the Japanese word - I will keep this in mind when the lad is doing our Kitchen........ actually if truth be told, I think he will make a better job than me.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Tessa

It's good to hear that they have a plan for you.  I hope it all swings into place in a straightforward way for you and that you can soon get on with it all.   We are all rooting for you and wishing you well. 

I know what you mean about the garden!  We have a gardener now and it's hard for me, too, to let someone else do what I love. We're on about 3/4 acre and we would never be able to keep up with it ourselves.  My husband has never been a keen gardener and I am not 'allowed' to do what I would like to and don't have the strength anyway, any more.  I have grand plans - have always had grand plans - but never seem to get round to seeing through even a quarter of them!  I'm always still on 'Jobs for March' in August!

If you run out of sedentary things to occupy yourself with, I will happily invite you to help me solve the mystery of the missing great-grandfather! 

Sheri

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MissSatomi

Installed in Southampton General today. Seems plan is now some chemo and see if I recover enough to go home. Then SCT with a new donor. Was hoping they were going to do it all in one hit.

Tessa

• Thinking of you Tessa, (and hoping food etc is ok!) and hope things work out well with the new plan 

hugs xxx

Moomy

• ((hugs)) Tessa, are you or have you done all your pre SCT medical checks....... I had to do them all again.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Thanks both. Sweet and sour chicken tonight. Tasty but lukewarm.

I did two yearly lung test at end of August. Also did Echo but seems they didnt measure something the doctors want measured.

Tessa

• Thinking of you and sending huge hugs and every good wish. 

Sheri  xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MissSatomi

PICC line in. I'm having FLA - Ida without the G bit. My intended visitor today couldn't get in the car park and had to go home. Guess that may happen a lot.

Tessa

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I was told to use my Picc arm as normal but its really quite sore if I keep bent for too long. Maybe this wilÄş ease after a while.

Tessa

• Continuing to think of you Tessa and hope all goes as well as possible....

hugs xxx

Moomy