Daughter and mum have stomsvh bug!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 10 subscribers

I was only just discharged last Tuesday from my 4th hospitalization, second in the space of 8 weeks, my rubbish immune system is extra delicate because of the steroids and fourth bout of sepsis, realistically is there ANYTHING I can do? Incubation period is 3 days, daughter was symptomatic for 24 hours and mum has only just started to show symptoms (we all live together) so I realise it might already be too late!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hang tight!!

• Ah Kirsty, you can take all the precautions under the sun but it’s all down to a coin toss.

You can sterilise and clean as much as you can, even ware a mask and gloves but if you get it you get it.

Mask

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Kirsty,

The only thing you could potentially try is keeping everything separate - food, utensils, washing, etc. I know in the first few months at home I spent a lot of time in a separate room that only I was allowed in to try and keep away from bugs. I had 3 primary school age children at the time, and ultimately it was impossible to keep away from bugs. All you can really do is hope for the best.

Greg

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to greg777

Thanks for the replies, it's now spread to my dad and brother who doesn't live with us! To be safe I've phoned the triage phone for advice and they've said I'm doing everything I can, to just be mindful and if I start to get symptoms to phone them back in case I need my drugs IV for a few days. Not best pleased to be replacing the hospital bag just in case!

• ((hugs)) from a distance xx

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge