Fell out with Daughter

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hiya 

Not sure where or if I should post this but I fell out with my 21 year old daughter in January she lives across ttown with my ex. 

She has said some really horrible things to me before I told her about having mantle cell lymphoma. 

Thing is, I don't feel able to sort it out with her now incase it ends up with us arguing.

I don't feel emotionally strong enough to handle it.

Cheers 

Dave 

• Hi Dave and I do understand where you are coming from. I have no real experience with this although my brother (donor) is much older than me, we live 100 miles apart and never would phone each other, we basically lived different lives.

But a cancer diagnosis is a leveller in so many ways - if I was in your shoes I would tell your ex and your daughter. It’s up to them what they want with the information.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Dave, u could try posting this in the Emotional issues group to get a  wider "audience"  as it were.

I suspect it will hang over u  if u  don't discuss it wth her again fairly soon - but I can well understand u not wanting to - especially if you're feeling fragile just now.

.Are you on good terms with your ex?If so, could u talk to her about the situation?

January' s a long time to be harbouring ill feelings. It could your daughter's forgotten it. Or might pigs fly?!

Anyhow, enough from me. Post this in "Emotional issues"

Sorry, this crossed with Mike's reply

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to buttercup01
    [deleted]
  • Hi Dave,

I’m really sorry to read about how things are with your daughter.

My only advice is to dig down as far as you can into your soul and ask what you really want, what is really most important to you. And if you follow that path, you really can’t go wrong, because there is no right or wrong in things such as this.

I could tell you what I would do, talk about similar situations I’ve been in, but I think only you can answer the problem you are faced with.

I’m really hoping you find a positive way forward on this soon Dave.

Greg