New here

• 2 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Hi. I don't really know wot to say. I'm so overwhelmed by everything going on. As a mother all u wanna do is help ur children and I can't do a thing. Seeing him in pain so swollen and scared is breaking my heart. We only have part of his diagnoses so far (soft tissue sarcoma) the waiting is hard

• Hi Netty, I know ow exactly how you feel. My daughter's cancer diagnosis was almost a year ago. I couldn't talk to anyone about it for a couple of months, just wanted to hide the two of us away and pretend it wasn't happening. I was beyond desperation.

We're now a year down the line. She had eight sessions of chemo and three surgeries. Chemo was brutal and punishing but she got through it. She's just started a further fourteen chemo cycles which we hope will be less aggressive than the previous ones, and is also having fifteen sessions of radiotherapy, starting in a few weeks.

I'm better than I was. Still have very low days and times when I feel 'on the edge' but I'm coping. You will too. This time, at the very beginning - before you have a proper diagnosis and a treatment plan - is the very worst. Once you know what's going to happen, you will feel stronger. I know you'll be there for your son - it's what we, as mums, do. This site is a great support.

Sending love and strength to both of you. XX

• Thank you so much for ur reply.  At the moment things seem very bleak, confusing I'm even angry. Seeing my son in so much pain is very hard and also not knowing what's ahead. I'm trying to stay positive and keep occupied to stop my mind wandering but I find nite time the hardest. 

I'm so sorry to hear about the ongoing struggles ur daughter and family have and I too hope this next cycle of chemo is easier on her.