New here

• 1 reply
  • 4 subscribers

Hello all, I am new to this forum. Our 7 year old daughter was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma - Bone cancer 2 weeks ago on her left leg (upper thigh). I am just trying to find anything and everything that can help my husband and I maneuver this new life of ours. 

Any insight, advice, new friends i can make that is going through the same would help us tremendously. 

• Hi AlyssaS, 

I will not pretend I understand exactly how you are feeling, but my Daughter has a different type of cancer. I know the feeling of shock, feeling totally out of control and the paralysing fear of trying to support your child through a very tough time. 

Things I have found helpful over the last few weeks are, keeping a routine, as much as possible, both for your selves and your child. Seek some support from organisations which specifically provide advice, counselling for parents in this situation. You need support so you can support your family. Say yes, to any offers of help for practical stuff, dealing with emotional stuff is time consuming enough. If you feel your questions have not been answered, ask again. 

It feels very lonely being in this position, however, there are lots of people who are currently going through this, and many more who have passed through this and have had a good outcome. 

Sending strength from one mum to another x