My baby boy

• 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the group. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am mum to my 3 year old son who is fighting brain cancer at the moment. He has been diagnosed with supertentorial anaplastic ependymoma stage 3 rela fusion.  Luckily the whole tumour was removed and he is coping well with treatment. We are forever in hospital but he is a little trooper, as he is always smiling through it all.  He is currently having chemo and he completed proton beam radiation in September. We are almost coming to end of treatment as he has two rounds of chemo left. I’m feeling  really emotional as we get closer to end of treatment. Me and my husband have two older children and the last 8 months have been so draining. It’s been such a journey and I feel I relieved that we have almost finished but at the same time scared his cancer will come back. We’ve been told his cancer is very persistent and can come back at any stage in his life. I feel like I can’t talk to friends and relatives as they don’t get it. Lot of family and friends have disappointed us after his diagnosis, as they have stopped calling or texting or just generally not been there for us as we thought they would be. It’s such a lonely  place to be. We are just trying our best to get through each day and stay strong for the kids. Hoping it will get easier soon.  Any advice on how to cope with end of treatment will be welcome and if there is anyone out there who has been given the same diagnosis please get in touch. 

thank you xx

• Hi and a warm welcome to the online community

I'm really sorry to read that your son is fighting brain cancer at the moment and I can't begin to imagine what a difficult time you and your family will have gone through.

I didn't have the same type of cancer as your son but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. This is a fairly quiet group so you might also want to join the brain cancer group, which will be a great place to look for others with this type of brain cancer, and also the carers only group which is a supportive place to discuss your worries and emotions around the end of treatment with others who are caring for someone with cancer.

If you'd like to join either or both of these groups just click on the links I've created and you can then join and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

When you feel ready, it would be great if you could pop something about your son's diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"