1 year old daughter potential cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

My 1 year old daughter was sent to A&E for a potential UTI, 2 weeks later 3 hospitals and 2 biopsies we are still waiting on an answer. They have found a growth in her bladder that had blocked her tubes which has led to kidney troubles. The consultant told me yesterday this is likely to be cancerous but not definitive yet. Im in a really bad way im not sleeping or eating, luckily my wife has been stronger than me. I know we haven't got the results back yet when a consultant tells you they think it's cancer it just broke me. She is fine in herself you wouldn't know this was all going on. If anyone has a shared experience i would really appreciate it. I'm not in a good place atall.

Many thanks 

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to read that your daughter has recently been having tests and biopsies and I can understand what an incredibly difficult time this is for you and your whole family.

I noticed that you had joined the bladder cancer group which is a great place to go to ask questions and get support. You might also like to join the family and friends group which is a safe and supportive place to share your feelings.

If you'd like to do this just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

I'll be keeping everything crossed that it isn't cancer

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"