Hello, new to the community

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hello, I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma about 18 months ago. I initially decided to carry on working part-time but I recently decided to go off sick as I was struggling to cope as I'm also a carer for my mother who has been in hospital. She's recently been discharged home but needs constant care. I miss the social interaction of being at work though, so, I guess I would like to chat with others going through the same thing. Kind regards, Lanijane22

• Hi  and warm welcome to the Macmillan Online Community although sorry that you had to find us and especially sorry to hear about your Lymphoma diagnosis and your ongoing challenges.

I am Mike and I help out around our Lymphoma groups. 

I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare (8 in a million) incurable but treatable type of Cutaneous T-Cell NHL (a type of slow growing Low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma) ……. eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 when a second, also rare (4 in a million) type of aggressive Peripheral T-Cell - Not Otherwise Specified NHL (a type of fast growing High-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma) was then presenting so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I most definitely appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

There are over 60 types and sub-types of Lymphoma so we can’t have a group for every type but these are our main Lymphoma groups below.

General Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma

Follicular Lymphoma

Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma

Mantel Cell Lymphoma

T-cell lymphomas

These groups are safe places to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

Have a look at the group list above…… then click on the link that best fits your type of Lymphoma……. and when the group page opens you will see a [ Black - Click to Join - Banner ] at the bottom of the page, click in this box and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [ + Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

I will keep an eye open for you but if you are not sure what type you have pleased do get back to me on this post and I will help you out further.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. Hope you're doing ok. Kind regards, Lanijane22