E 45 cream and radiotherapy

• 4 replies
  • 38 subscribers

I understand you must not put greasy creams on scars before radiotherapy. How long before do you have to stop? And is E45 cream OK to use up to the day before? I tried to put this in Ask A Nurse but it's not taking questions at the moment.

• Hi Ma78

You are right to ask about which creams can be used during radiotherapy as some are contraindicated. During my radiotherapy I had to ask before using anything. 

Ask a Nurse will get back to you if you post but it can take 3 working days. A quicker way would be to give the Support Line a call and ask one of the nurses on there. The number is at the end of this. The Support Line is there from 8am-8pm daily.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you. Aska nurse does not allow me to post at all.There is no "make apost" place post 

• Hi Ma78,

My name is Dylan and I work in the Online Community team. Although I am sorry that circumstances bring you here to the Community, I hope you find it to be a safe place of kindness and support.

I just wanted to leave a quick reply here to let you know that "Ask a Nurse" is not open during the weekend. Questions can be posted Monday - Friday, and the nurses will reply to all questions within 1 - 3 working days. 

As Jane has pointed out, you can chat to a Macmillan nurse on our support line today.

I hope you are able to get some guidance soon.

Best wishes,
    Dylan

Macmillan's Online Community Team