Feeling so alone

• 3 replies
  • 54 subscribers

6 weeks ago my life changed completely when CMML progressed. Anaemia knocking for 6, regular transfusions and chemotherapy starts next Tuesday.

My closest friend who has been supporting me is now unwell himself and is not able to pick me up and bring me home. All my other close friends live too far away.

So I’m on my own on Tuesday and I’m terrified and have no one to turn to. I live alone except for my cat. I have good neighbours but there’s only so much you can expect from them.

It’s a week of subcutaneous injections of Azacitidine.

I’ll get hospital transport there and back, but basically on my own.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your cancer has progressed and you now need to start treatment and that you also feel so alone. Although we may not be physically with you, everyone in this community will definitely be supporting you.

The online community is divided into different support forums and I think that CMML stands for chronic myeloid leukaemia. If I'm right, can I recommend that you join this forum as it's a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support. I apologise if I'm wrong and, if so, please get back to me with which type of cancer you have so I can give you a direct link to the forum. Alternatively you can look through this list.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello NannaRoo, I am new to these forums and am here because I want to support my best friend, who is also now experiencing severe anaemia on top of everything else.  I have no words of wisdom but just wanted to say hello and send some warm thoughts your way,  I know that doesn’t help much, but hope it helps you to feel less alone. X

• Hi NannaRoo,

I'm alone also and feel the same, it's pretty scary, not knowing what to expect or if they will find more.

My chemo and radiotherapy starts monday, 

Extremely nervous, you can message me anytime if that's allowed or even possible.

Stay positive SparklesPray