Diagnosis and waiting

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

I've been treated for more years than I care to remember for psoriasis and eczema,  without any success. Things changed over the last year or so and raised lumps appeared which have become more evident, painful, harder to hide,  biopsies have been taken, apparently something was noted with my t cells, and some swelling of the lymphnodes in my groin was also recorded.

I have been treated and seen by my dermatology team, infact 9 of them on the last occasion, checked all the areas of concern, ask me lots of questions.

After conferring, Cutaneous t cell llymphoma was muted as a possible cause, and I guess it gave enough concern in that a MDT meeting was arranged to discuss my case with the cancer team, which is scheduled for tomorrow, 

Has anyone experienced similar, how and when a diagnosis is actually provided, basically i haven't a clue what happens next.

I'm accepting of the fact, something clearly isn't right, but the waiting and unknown definitely takes its toll.

Thanks

• Hi  and warm welcome to the Macmillan Online Community although sorry that you had to find us and especially sorry to hear about your Lymphoma diagnosis. I am Mike and I help out around our Lymphoma groups. 

I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with my type of Cutaneous T-Cell Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (Mycosis Fungoides) eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

Could I recommend that you join and put up a post in our T-cell lymphomas support group where I and the other member can give you support.

Click on the link above……. and when the group page opens you will see a [ Black - Click to Join - Banner ] at the bottom of the page, click in this box and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [ + Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page and putting

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

I will keep an eye open for you but if you are not sure what type you have pleased do get back to me on this post and I will help you out further.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge