Overseas mother diagnosed with bile duct cancer

• 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

My mother has recently been diagnosed with bile duct cancer (apparently rarer than rare! and is about to undergo her first lot of chemo next week. The tumour was inoperable based on a few different factors and the surgery was too risky anyway. The super confusing thing is that the biopsy itself doesn’t come back as positive to cancer, but all other scans etc show tumour and other markers. She feels absolutely fine and well in herself so no pain or symptoms (was detected after after a routine water and bloods showed jaundice). I live I. Aus and she is in the uk, it’s very hard to get answers around what to expect with this cancer, we’re told it’s slow growing but incurable and aggressive, which seems conflicting. 

• Hello   A warm welcome to the online Community - I am so sorry to find you here and understand your issues being on the other side of the world.

The online Community is divided into various cancer specific chat rooms or forums and I would suggest you join the:

Bile duct cancer forum  and Chemotherapy forum 

There you will connect with Community members on the same or similar journey as your mum. Just click on the links I have provided for you and when the page opens up, just click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. Once you have joined the forum you can introduce yourself in the "new here" section and either copy and paste or repost your original post.

If I can be of any further help please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thank you have joined one and read a few posts - really helpful