Unsure

• 3 replies
  • 37 subscribers

My partner had to go to a&e last Wednesday night with suspected gallstones, did a ultrasound scan and no stones etc so sent him for a CT scan on the Saturday, had the results within an hour and his appendix had burst so had the op on the Saturday night to remove them but before he went for his op the dr came and told him they had found something else on his scan something called a “squiggle” whatever that means and she didn’t believe holding anything back from anyone. My partner is 35 now and had testicular cancer when he was 21 so he asked her straight is it cancer and she said she couldn’t say. Fast forward to before he went down for his op the dr has come back and told him it looks like a “mass or a cluster”. We’ve now found out from his discharge letter it’s near his left kidney with a question mark. He’s been referred to urology mdt and now today had a letter saying he’s got a telephone consultation next Thursday 28th, it says to discuss his current and past medical history and accurate list of all his current medication so what does this mean please. I’m so stressed for him never mind how he’s feeling. Has anyone got any idea? I was hoping with it saying telephone it would be good news but now I’m not sure with it saying about current and past etc.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like a very stressful time for you right now and it's natural that you're worried as your partner has previously had cancer.

No one within the community is a medical person, only cancer patients or people supporting someone with cancer, so it would be completely wrong for any of us to speculate what might be wrong.

The online community is divided up into different support forums. If your partner does get a cancer diagnosis then you could take a look through this list to choose the appropriate one to join. The forums are great places to ask questions, share experiences and get support.

I'll be keeping everything crossed for you.
    ((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

•   thank you I just don’t understand why they want to know his previous medical history when they are already aware he had testicular cancer at 21 as it’s on his records and why’d they want to know his current medication if it was good news, I’d rather be told in person than on the phone.

• Speaking from experience, each hospital seem to keep their own records. So when I was treated recently for breast cancer they had no knowledge of my previous cancer that had been treated at a different hospital.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"