Panic and anxiety for coming back to work after breast cancer.

• 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi everyone.

I’m Fatima, 37 years old.

I’m Spanish, I left my country six years ago because I fall in love with a British man. In early 2019  I applied to join university, I passed, everything was going perfect, however in July 2019 my partner passed away suddenly.I got deeply shocked, my heart broke in pieces, I started having panic ataca, my stress level was too high.I started uni and started to feel better, but something was wrong with my health.On my holidays in Spain I was diagnosticated with breast cancer being 33 years old.Doctors recommended me to stay in my country with my family during the treatment t, this broken me again, luckily I changed my uni course for one with honours online, for which due to my previous studies in Spain I only had to do two years, instead of 4. I passed all the assignments while I was under chemo, radiotherapy, and 4 surgeries, including radical mastectomy.I think uni saved me.I got my graduation in November 2022, but unfortunately due to complication with my reconstruction I needed the whole 2023 year to recover myself from the hard surgeries, without being able to work.
Now I feel recovered, all the medical tests are with fantastic results, however I am feeling worse than ever before.I feel weaker, I feel panic for starting working, I cry every day.I feel like if I could not doing.

In Spain I was Marketing Mannager, but I left everything for love, and due to my English level and all the things that happen to me I never had the chance to work in my career here, so now I have a gap of nearly six years on my cv, I recent graduated in this country, and I’m feeling overwhelmed.I feel I need an urgent help.

i feel like I always was so strong during this time, but now I’m totally lost.

where coukd I get help for this problem? 
thank you.I really appreciate it.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read how much you've been through in the last few years and that you're currently feeling "totally lost".

The online community is divided into different support forums so I'm going to recommend that you join and post in the life after cancer forum as you'll then connect directly with other cancer survivors and people who have finished treatment. It is a space to discuss things like the physical and emotional after effects of cancer, returning to work, or trying to move on with your life.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

You might also want to have a look at the free counselling service that Macmillan has arranged through Bupa for people who are struggling emotionally because of cancer. You can read about it and how to access it by clicking here.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much for taking the time to answer to me helping me with my struggle.I really appreciate it.It has been really hard for me to take the decission of opening myself trying to explain my problems.

Tomorrow I will do this.

thank you again.