new to the group

• 5 replies
  • 38 subscribers

hi everyone ive just joined the group i had stage 1 cervical cancer 18 months ago i had chemo then radiotherapy and then brachytherapy, although my cancer has gone i feel really low my anxiety and depression have got a lot worse, is there anyone else who feels the way i do? hope everyone has a nice day x

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your diagnoses and your post treatment challenges.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Cervical Cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this link > Cervical cancer forum (you may also find our general Life after Cancer Group helpful) …… then once the group pages open click on “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

When you are ready you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

It’s a challenging time for you so you may want to use the Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Shlee90. Since my diagnosis and treatment my anxiety is horrible. At times there is no logical reason. I also have insomnia my mind just can't switch off 

• hi i have the same too it’s horrible isn’t, im always paranoid that it’s gonna come back it’s literally taking over my life, im startin a group on wednesday to see if that will help have you tried any groups?

• I haven't tried any groups but made some good chemo friends and we keep in contact, getting to the point now that it's not always cancer talk  onto family, hobbies and moaning about our weight, hahaha!  X

• Hi    could I add just one thing to what the others have written.As  somebody who has had cancer too I can relate entirely to how you feel. There is an essay by Dr Peter Harvey who was a consultant psychologist at Leeds Hospital, before he retired. It really resonated with me and I hope it can help you. I printed out copies to give to my nearest. Just click/tap on the link in bold AFTER TREATMENT

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge