Prostate cancer gleason 4-5

• 5 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi guys just found out how to post here. Writing this with so many different emotions. I have been looking through some of the posts and they are all talking about different numbers and other things. I just wish I knew what they were I haven't been told anything. My journey started with a 5min telephone call to tell me that I had non curative cancer and gave me 5 years to live. I have had hormone injection and been given some tablets, I asked about chemotherapy but was told that's further down the line. I just feel like being kept in the dark, I even had to search who to get catheter bags from and when they get changed. I have been struggling with back pain for couple of months and was told it's nothing to do with my cancer but couldn't tell me what is causing it. Sorry about the long rant guys but just so frustrated would be grateful for any sort of help or information thanks. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your diagnoses.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Prostate Cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this link> Prostate cancer then once the group page opens click on “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

When you are ready you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

It’s a challenging time for you so you may want to use the Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hello Fredek.

A warm welcome from another member of the prostate cancer family. I only found your post by chance and wondered if you would get more help by getting this post moved over. Trying to find your way round can be confusing when, like me, you are not particularly tech savvy. If it would help I could ask our Community Champion to work his magic and whizz you over there. All you have to do is hit the REPLY and say yes please. We are a friendly bunch and would love to see you there and am sure that you will get support along with useful information.

• Great.

I will get hold of Millibob.

• Hi  

If you click here it will take you straight to the prostate cancer group, which I can see you've already joined.

To start a new post just click on 'New' or '+' depending on what sort of device you're using.

Clicking here will give you step-by-step instructions on how to start a new post if you have any problems. 

I hope this helps

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"