I’ve joined this group as I was diagnosed September 26 th this year

im really struggling 

stressed no appetite and weight loss 

I’ve contacted for support 

but been told it’s not the lymphoma to go to my gp

anyone in the same boat ?

one day at a time is my mindset

but this is So difficult 

• Hello   A warm welcome to the online Community. I can understand how you feel and although I suffer from a different cancer I just know how stressful it can be.

The online Community is divided up into Chat Rooms or forums that are cancer specific. In your case I would advise you to join the Non-Hodgkin lymphoma forum . You can do this by clicking on the link I have provided. Once the page opens up, just click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. Once you have joined the forum you can introduce yourself be copying and pasting or reposting your post. It will then be seen by people on the same or similar cancer journey and they should be able to answer your questions.

You can of course always contact our helpline on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm 7 days a week) where there are plenty of great people who can give you help and advice.

I hope the above helps and if I can do anything else for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi  and a second warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am sorry to see you joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups. 

I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ may be different from yours I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

There are over 60 types and sub-types of Lymphoma so we can’t have a group for every type but these are our main Lymphoma groups below.

General Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma

Follicular Lymphoma

Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma

Mantel Cell Lymphoma

T-cell lymphomas

These groups are safe places to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

If you are not sure as to the type of your NHL do join and post in the General Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma support group.

I will keep an eye open for you and we can talk more about the crazy journey that is Lymphoma.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge