Dry mouth

• 3 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Had my first dose of chemo last Monday and have had a horribly dry mouth ever since. 

Do the side-effects get worse with each subsequent session? 

I'm a bit isolated at the moment and find the MacMillan site rather confusing. 

I've been a carer for my friend with MS but following several falls last week he is currently in hospital and hoping to be discharged to a care home. I feel overwhelmed with all the things I need to sort out for him. 

I could do with someone to chat to.

• Hi again  ....... I highlighted our various dedicated Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL) groups in your first post in the New to Community group back in 19th October...... you can see the replies you received to your first post in THIS LINK.

I'm a bit isolated at the moment and find the MacMillan site rather confusing. 

The Community is made up of cancer specific discussion rooms that you need to join......... have a look at THIS LINK. and follow the instructions to join the best NHL group for your type of NHL........ these groups are safe places to connect with others navigating the journey.

The Side Effects of Treatment can be ever so different for everyone. For some the effects do accumulate over the cycles, some don't have many side effects and some find that once the body gets over the initial shock of the treatment things settle down.

I found Deflam a great tool for my dry mouth..... but it's very important that you are aiming to drink about 2 liters of water every day to ensure your body is hydrated and the chemo toxins are flushed out of your system.

I am sorry to hear about your friend, caring for someone with a condition like MS is hard...... but with you going through cancer treatment this may be significantly difficult. You can only do what you can do.

I will keep an eye open for you in the NHL groups but do get back to me on this thread if you need further help ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Where do I get Deflam from please?

• Just go to your local Pharmacy...... but I got this prescribed by my clinical team and did not have to pay for anything.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge