Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

• 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma last month. Does anyone have advice on how to stay positive and feel like yourself again as it’s completely floored me. I’m only 26 and it was a complete shock. I’ve had to have fertility treatment which I’ve found hard- has anyone else experienced this? Then after that I’ll be starting chemo. I’m right at the start and nervous about what’s to come. Any support and advice would be great.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you've just been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma and it's natural to feel as you do.

The online community is divided up into different cancer specific support groups so I'm going to recommend that you join and post in the non-Hodgkin lymphoma group as you'll then connect directly with others who have this type of cancer.  

Once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis ,etc into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  and a second warm welcome to the Macmillan Online Community.

I am Mike and I help out around our Lymphoma groups. I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Low Grade Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ may be different from yours I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

My friend  has highlighted our General Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma support group.

But with over 60 types and sub-types of Lymphoma we can’t have a group for every type but we do have a few groups for the most common types:

Follicular Lymphoma

Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma

Mantel Cell Lymphoma

T-cell lymphomas

These groups are safe places to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

Do join and put up a post in the group that fits your type but you are not sure join the General NHL group as you will connect with others who understand where you are at right now.

I will keep an eye open for you in the groups ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge