Not sure if I should be here but I’m scared…

• 3 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi all, I’m not sure if I should be here because I don’t have a diagnosis but I’m petrified and have no one talk to. I’ve had on going issues since January and after a trip to a&e in September I was referred to general surgery. First appointment I was told the issue was a small fissure and piles (I’d been using piles treatment since January) I went back to the hospital on Monday for a second appointment and the doctor actually listened to me and said she is very concerned. She put me forward for an urgent colonoscopy, which I had a phone call for today and is on Monday! I’m Petrified because last time I was in theatre I nearly died (birth complications). My partner has a family history of colon cancer and has lost his dad and 2 sisters, so I don’t want to talk to him about what’s going on as he’s finding it hard. I know it’s most likely not cancer and I’m trying to stay positive but my anxiety is through the roof. I have 3 children and an my partners carer (he has complex ptsd and other health issues) Just writing this out has helped, thank you if you made it til the end xx

• Hi   and a very warm welcome to the Macmillan Community but sorry to hear about the challenges you are having but good that you are being checked out thoroughly.

I have lived and been treated for an incurable cancer for over 24 years........ but this time last year and for the 4 months following I had to have a number of tests including a Colonoscopy, CT, MRI and Prostate biopsy and nothing was found to be wrong apart from some Hemorrhoids and some long term radiotherapy damage going back 8 years. So lets look for a simple answer to be found for yourself.

Could I recommend that you call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information or just a listening ear.......

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Do get back to me if you need further help or just want to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi  Im really hoping that it’s something simple that can be sorted. To be honest right now I’m more scared for the actual procedure. I haven’t been put to sleep since I was a toddler and the thought of  terrifies me. I’m so sorry you’ve had a battle but seems like you’re winning Muscle

• As much as it is all scary....... so things have to be done to get to the truth.......... please dont stress this on your own...... our Support Line Team will listen to you for as long as you need ((hugs)) 

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge