CHEMO AND RADIOTHERAPY

• 3 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Haviing had bowel cancer 2014; left lung wedge 2020, right middle lobe removaql 2021 and a chest wall mass  removal 2022

I thought I had won; but no I now have a 2cmx2cm mass at the port site from the mass removal and there a small cluster of small active

nodules between my 7th/8th rib; and a 2cm lesion in the space between 7th and 8th rib thats invading the rib.

Surgery is not what the Liverpool heart and chest think is best; they are to pass me to the oncology team and a programme of either or both

chemo and radiology. Can any one tell me if chemo after effects are pertinent to everybody. I am new to this treatment as I always went for surgery.

I am a gym regular even though I am a senior citezen and I feel strong ; I am at the age where a lot of people would think I have had a good innings but

I dont feel ill apart from the odd side twinge . I faced the operations with positivety and confidence but now faced with none surgery treatment I am pretty

worried. Basically I just dont want to die I still have things to give.  Sorry if my post is so looooong/

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the Macmillan Community but sorry to hear about the journey you have been on.

I have lived with and been treated for a completely different cancer for over 24 years and have had over 750hrs of chemo and 45 radiotherapy zaps……. and honestly two people on the exact same chemo for the same cancer can have a completely different journey.

Most of my chemo was fine and would have had little side effects and no lasting problems……. but my final 1 hr bag of chemo put me in the CCU unit with a heart problem and 8 years on I am still on medication for my heart.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer type journey can help a lot.

The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Specific Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) and I can see that you have already joined our dedicated Bone Cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this link> Bone cancer then once the group page opens you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

The Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Highlander; thanks for your reply; you have been on a long road by sounds of it; but your still going!!

I will stay positive and when chemo starts wil update my situation; thanks again my friend .

• All the very best with your treatment and try not to Catastrophize this before you are into the treatment as you may not have any problems.

Do connect in with the dedicated support group as this is the place to connect in with folks navigating the same exact same treatment journey…….. the New to Community Group is like the community reception desk Wink

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge