Cancer in our life

• 2 replies
  • 59 subscribers

Hi All new to all this. I recently lost my husband to cancer but before that my ex sister in law had breast cancer then my ex husband got bowel and liver cancer. He had surgery for both and is in remission. Then my husband got diagnosed and told he was terminal last year then to top it all my darling boy who was 32 years old, now 33 was told just before Christmas he was terminal but treatable with colonrectal cancer, secondaries in the liver and multiple cancerous lymph nodes above and below diaphragm plus elsewhere. They are now doing a biopsy to find out if he also has primary lymphoma too. He didn't understand all that was being said to him so I had to tell him after Christmas what was going on. The worse thing I have ever had to do. He doesnt live with me but comes home all the time to stay. We have a great team around us but it's so hard. I haven't been able to greive for my husband and have to stay strong for my son. We also have had to do a blood test for GOSH to see if the cancer is heredity as this could also effect my eldest son. Just wanted to know if anyone else has a family member with autism and has cancer or just to reach out to the group for support and give support x

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm really sorry to read how much you've been through and I know how hard having a cancer diagnosis is for everyone.

As the online community is divided up into different support groups I'm going to recommend a few for you to join. The first one is the bowel (colon and rectal) cancer group, which is a great place to ask questions and share experiences with others who have this type of cancer, and also the family and friends group, where you can get support from others who have a family member dealing with cancer.

To join either or both of these groups just click on the links I've created and then join and start a new post in the same way as you did here. You can also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you have a minute it would be great if you could pop something about your son's diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much for your support it means alot. Will try and put about my son on my profile