New here, caused by LAR /TME for rectal

• 4 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Any one else from colerectal cancer? Doesn't seem very common, not helped by no warning being given that it may occur!!

• Hi  

I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet, so I've searched the group to see if anyone mentioned having colorectal or bowel cancer and found these couple of posts for you to have a look at.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks, had already searched!  Not really relevant. Most lymphoedema info is for breast cancer, colorectal is almost never mentioned for some reason, yet the TME is used quite often.

• I'm sorry you didn't think the information I linked you to was relevant and I had no way of knowing that you'd already searched the group as you hadn't mentioned that in your post.

I've just checked again and the first post was about their dad who'd had bowel cancer and now suffered from lymphoedema and the second one was from someone who wanted to talk to anyone who'd "undergone an invasive procedure in the pelvic region". Neither mentioned breast cancer.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Sorry to upset you, but there was no real info in those posts, just referring on to places I've searched. And the midline lymphedema is not what I've got, and the dad's just got mentioned but no outcome. Didn't know I was supposed to say I'd already searched in my initial post, I sort of took that as read. I won't next time. So apologies. Sorry. Suppose I really wanted someone to chat with about it, but sounds like that's not going to happen.