Compression Sleeves

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Hi,

My Mum has mild lymphoedema in her arm after a mastectomy and is now looking to get treatment. Heard that compression sleeves are quite good? Would anyone be able to tell me their experiences with them and if they worked? Not sure whether to look into MLD instead. Thanks!

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I can't help with your question about whether your mum should use a compression sleeve or have MLD instead but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

I'm assuming from the fact that your mum has had a mastectomy that she is being treated for breast cancer. If that's the case it might be an idea to also join and post your question in the breast cancer group as I'm sure there'll be others there who have had lymphoedema. If you'd like to do that clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can then join and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

Has your mum mentioned her lymphoedema to her BCN yet as she should be able to advise on whether a compression sleeve or MLD is best knowing your mum's history?

I hope your mum gets this sorted soon as I imagine it's very unpleasant.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"