Three Good Things

• 1523 replies
  • 80 subscribers

I know that started this brilliant idea so I wanted to carry it on for her and as the forum has become a little gloomy recently as we face loosing them both soon.

So

1. daloni and dizzie outlasted their prognosis by years and I am sure proved that you can have quality of life despite doctors best guesses and we all benefited from knowing them on here.

2. I just got back from a fabulous holiday in Galicia, northern Spain. I walked more than I have for months (chemo pushed me into a wheelchair) the food and wine was fab and I met old friends and laughed a lot.

3. Macmillan have admitted that their upgrade has been a bit sh*t and are working on improving it. Hurrah for Macmillan who have admitted it didn't go well. How many organisations actually come out and say that. 

I don't like to think that newbies think that we are a miserable lot, what struck me on here when I came was how much joy, laughter and living went on despite cancer.

Nicky 

• Hi Nicky

I see now at the side of this they are putting the updates so every one can see what is being done, good for them every one can now see it.

Three good things for me today

I have done all my gardening and looking good.

Spent two hours on the phone to my friend and we laughed.

The sun is out and now making the most of the rest of the day.

(we do moan some times but not often)

Take Care Elliex

• . Hi Nicky, I have just seen this post and I'm so pleased you are taking it over! It has been a very long time since Daloni started this thread and at the time, I posted to tell her that for me, it would be a difficult thing "just" to choose 3 things because in any one day I do lots of good things! The same applies now, I make every day as special as I can! I think a lot of us here who are well past our predicted sell by date (& there are many of us) would say every day is amazing and no matter how we feel, we make the best of it as we still have HOPE that we will cheat death for another while, due to all the fantastic new drugs they have now. Which is the reason we no longer say Terminal but now say Incurable (as a lot of cancers are now treatable). I will write my Three Good Things now but will look forward to reading all the replies here!

1.  Managing to get onto the Updated Site, two days in a row!! So it's looking promising!

2. Saying Hi to my many friends here and letting them know even although I haven't been able to post, they have been in my thoughts!

3. Spending lots of time with my fantastic husband, our 3 grandchildren and our extended family! Listening to the bird song and watching the leaves turn golden!

Oops that was probably 4 or 5 but isn't it hard just to choose three!

I do hope the new members, whom I've yet to welcome and meet will join in here as I'm sure everyone has something to be grateful for!

Love to All Annette x 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hello Nicky, Annette has given me the credit for carrying on with the Three  Good Things. It didn't seem appropriate to correct her when she was passing on the sad news of Daloni. When things have settled a bit can you claim ownership again. Thank you. X

• What a good idea, I think I am right in saying Daloni started this on the Womb cancer group. X

• 1. Lovely lunch in the pub with old friends always cheers me up.

2. Sun is shining blue skies always cheers me up. 

3. feeling well which has to be a good thing

Ruth 

• She did Georgette, then Nicky Nosher took it over, she will claim it back I hope. A trustworthy steward of a great idea.

• 1.  No pain

2.  My long-sufffering loving husband

3.  Our beautiful little whippet

Fortie
  • Hi

I know you were taking a break, and the news re Daloni will be hard for you, but I hope that you are back, so that is one good thing.

2, Autumn sun

3. walk and lunch with friend tomorrow

• Thanks for your support guys. I feel heartbroken that Daloni is gone but she will never be forgotten by me at least. She was a star in every sense of the word and I cried. But in good news....

1. I had my lung function tests yesterday, one more step towards surgery on the lung mets so progress hurrah.

2. A quiet day in with faithful doggies and sole control of the TV remote.

3. Cooler nights so I am sleeping so much better.

A life lived in fear, is a life half lived.
    Nicky
  • 1.beautiful sunny day

2.being able to enjoy it

3. Having a loving partner and beautiful cat to enjoy it with

I know number 3 has 2 reasons but I can't leave my cat out of it, 

Xx

Smiley catDevon cat

when nothing goes right go left.