Three Good Things

• 1523 replies
  • 77 subscribers

I know that started this brilliant idea so I wanted to carry it on for her and as the forum has become a little gloomy recently as we face loosing them both soon.

So

1. daloni and dizzie outlasted their prognosis by years and I am sure proved that you can have quality of life despite doctors best guesses and we all benefited from knowing them on here.

2. I just got back from a fabulous holiday in Galicia, northern Spain. I walked more than I have for months (chemo pushed me into a wheelchair) the food and wine was fab and I met old friends and laughed a lot.

3. Macmillan have admitted that their upgrade has been a bit sh*t and are working on improving it. Hurrah for Macmillan who have admitted it didn't go well. How many organisations actually come out and say that. 

I don't like to think that newbies think that we are a miserable lot, what struck me on here when I came was how much joy, laughter and living went on despite cancer.

Nicky 

• Hi NICKY NOSHER!!

Norberry, thank you so much for letting me know about my mistake! I just don't know how I managed to put your name on the post and then say "hi Nicky"!

Nicky, you are right, Daloni started this Title in this Group as well as others to remind people to look for the good in each day instead of dwelling on the bad, which we know is not good for the mind and spirit!

1. I have rectified my mistake!

2. I saw all three of our grandchildren yesterday.  (I've seen them all through Covid) I haven't been fighting cancer all this time to not see them.

3. It was a beautiful Autumnal day, a bit chilly here but the sun shone and the birds sang!

I am so pleased people are starting to post again after months of problems with the site, things are looking up!

Well, I did say, I always have more than 3! Sorry!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi All

1.Out in the sunshine by the sea.

2 Seeing a little Robin and Heron

3 Having chicken pie in the garden there

with hubby and our Dog going out again in the morning

to see a friend and breakfast.

I think you gathered I like food

Each day a blessing stay strong 

• Oh Peggy, I thought you said a "chicken' pie and that looks nothing like a chicken!!! Lol!!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

As a tribute to a very special lady Daloni 

1.  Bought 400 warm white solar lights for the back garden.  Lovely to see my shrubs and tubs lit up and sparkling away as the darkness came this evening.

2. Cut my son’s hair today with new clippers and he loves it!

3.  Managed to eat half a kebab for my dinner.

Love to all xx

1. My chemo cycle allows me week 3 off, and I have recovered all the strength (and weight) that I lost in weeks 1 and 2;
    2. Had a great week off work last week. Didn't do much - mostly long dog walks in the mornings and lazy afternoons watching the IPL. It was the longest break we've had this year;
    3. It was Arnie and Reggie's 6th birthday yesterday and they had sausages, roast beef, and gravy for dinner, then snored like piglets all night.

Much love to everyone.

Stuart x

• So another week begins and I am still here. Three more good things...

1. I have a date for the long awaited CT Scan, 12th Oct Hurrah!

2. My gorgeous yorkie cross dog Sam is pressed against me as usual, it is true love between us.

3. My daughter has a day off work so we will do girly things together facepacks and laughter, the best medicine.

A life lived in fear, is a life half lived.
    Nicky
  • Hi Nicky

Good to see your name here, it has been missing lately, that's if I got all the notifications!

That's just a week away, good luck. Have a lovely girly day with your daughter.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi everyone I have enjoyed reading your messages! Sharing and Caring is important! 

1. The sun was shining when I went to visit my friend in her garden today. 

2. I enjoyed my tea which was sausage casserole with creamy mash. 

3. Chemo is going well and I am able to laugh and enjoy my 4 lovely children every day. 

Christine. Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Nicky and all,

Sorry Ive been silent,  but Im back,

three good things

1) I have a new (5 years old) rescue dogHos name is Gozmo  ( nickname is Gezzi)

2) had a wonderful lunch with my daughter 

3) Had a Zoom dinner with friends 

love to All

Millie

• Hi so pleased you are back i had a rescue dog called a similar name her name was gizmo she amazingly lived to be 18 all my dogs have been rescue dogs you can't beat the love from them big hugs 

Flippen