So tired - Sleepless - 2am seen again

• 13 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Hi All none sleepers.

I am on my 12th cycle of treatment & trundling along quite nicely thank you, I feel guilty posting as I’m in a better place with my treatment than many people here.

When along comes my darling husband & messing around with the grand kids he falls and smashes his ankle to bits.

several hours later we’re in hospital, out of our county as we were visiting our daughter, and he’s has a 5 hour operation to pin said ankle.

Now his leg is in a heavy half plaster & no weight bearing on it for 2 weeks at least.

I probably shouldn’t use bad words but what the ####
was he doing being stupid. What a plonker!

He’s a big man, 6’2”, he’s 23 stone. Did I mention he’s a plonker!

Hospital now want him out of the hospital and apparently he’s medically fit!! They have offered home or a rehabilitation bed miles away from where I live.

Consultant has been very rude about this & has told the ward to get my hubby home asap.I’m a 5’4” wimp. 
I can’t imagine coping with him at home, I already get so tired every afternoon from my meds. Etc.
I’ve got to go home next week for my own bloods & review.

I’m staying with my daughter to be near hubby & feeling more & more tired, frustrated & overwhelmed.

That’s it - rant over - maybe I can go back to sleep now.

• So sorry to hear about this Pensive hope you both make it through as painlessly as possible 

• Thanks Lindasue.

things always look up in the mornings. Blush

• Hi CraftyPat, Rant away, I know your not new to the community, but welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your husband, us men never get rid of our inner child and as you say we can be plonkers at times. Not sleeping is awful had 18 months on 2 hours a night but ok now. best of luck with treatment, take care.

Eddie

1. I'm a none sleeper so I feel for you . My dog wakes me If I even i , horrid..

Lee

• Hi Lee  how are you doing.  Still not sleeping much. I'm the opposite  sleeping quit a bit. What have you been upto,  just cruising the site,  I do that sometimes,  you've been missed. Ellie be glad to hear fro. You as well. XX

Moi

• Hi , I'm wondering round to sleeping od eating up n down,got bloods and checkup to luck forward to Monday, you?

Lee

• Hi Lee first good luck for blood and checkup on Monday. It doesn't help you sleep when you have appointments to think about. The run up to my appointments is when it effects my sleep. My bloods are all over the place bloods done Friday, Monday and Tuesday. It a wonder I have any left. Just yo be told they think my sodium and magnesium are a bit low might just be normal for me!!!!  If your not eating much that doesn't help either. Take care lovely Are you getting out with your dog at all. XX

Moi

• Hi Crafty Pat you are having a bad time. Hope you get home soon, ask your GP if a carer can come in and help with your husband, or ask your nurse if they can recommend any way you can get help. When you go back and try to get somthing in place before your husband comes home. I hope uour bloods and results go well for uou. Good luck sounds like you need some. Take care and keep posting xx

Moi

• Oh Lee this thread is driving me made. I've done a reply to you and don't know were it's gone ? Bloody gremlins again. I'd said waiting on appointments doesn't help with sleep, that's when I don't  sleep well.  Hope your managing to eat a bit and keeping your fluids up. As for me my bloods all over the place, had the. Done Friday Monday and Wednesday, I'll have none left at this rate. Are you getting out with your lovely dog. Take care. Sending hugs xx

Moi

• Yea I don't think there's much blood, my friend is taking the dog for a walk so I'm happy with that 

Lee