Im leaving this group

• 22 replies
  • 24 subscribers

It seems that some of the content in one of my posts does not suit the guidelines of this forum.

I am.therefore looking for another group that will accept my content

I wish you wellness and hope every day is a special day for you, as today is the only day that is guaranteed.

You've been very supportive and i will always be grateful.

Peace

Tony

• Hiya Tony.

I’m not sure what has made you feel unsafe to express yourself in words or pictures in this forum, but I was under the impression this was a safe please for us to express ourselves. Please don’t leave this group because someone has become offended by something you have posted, it could be they have just misunderstood your intention and they have complained without questioning your content, anyway it appears to me you have a lot of support from people in this group to stay strong please consider those who care about you before you leave.

happy hugs for now hope to catch you here later 

Donna

• Hi Tony,

Hope you don't go. I like reading your posts and will miss you if you leave!

Please reconsider.

I've had emails in the past saying theyve had to remove things.  To this day I'm not sure even which post they were referring to!

I'm sure others have had those emails too.

• Yes , I've had emails too and worse so I no longer put up anything that may be considered controversial

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • Thats why i wont connect other than Art, which is generally abstract unless i were to go down ' Dante's Inferno ', but i wont go thereSweat smile

• I believe that we all must guard against this creeping self-censorship which only leads to bland, homogenised pap commentary. If, as an artist, I went down this route, I'd only be painting tiddly pictures of flowers in vases and cutesy little pictures of baby lambs. It seems to me that if the dying can't discuss their options in an honest and open way with their fellows, then we have reached a new low in the human condition. Rainie x

• I am forbidden to discuss the subject of xyz. The cessation of life is something all humans face eventually and it shouldn't have to strike fear, upset or offence in anyone. However, rules are rules and im in no position to rewrite the rules that forbid the publishing of particular aspects of this subject. I recognise it may discredit the purpose of the forum and of course, the sanctity of life is influenced by ethical reasoning. I have therefore taken this subject of xyz elsewhere and i am discussing it there.

• Hi everyone,

I hope you don’t mind us posting here, we saw the most recent comments and wanted to just provide some reassurance that discussion topics around death and end of life are allowed on the site.

We just wanted to clear up any misunderstandings and reassure you that any moderation decisions are in line with our Community guidelines.

If you would like to re-read the guidelines there is a link to them here. We kindly ask that all questions and concerns relating to moderation decisions and our Community guidelines are directed to the Online Community team only. You can contact us by emailing community@macmillan.org.uk.

We want to keep the focus of conversation in our Community groups around peer support and we feel that discussing moderation action takes the focus away from this.

We’re pleased to read that Tony_73 is still going to use the site and we hope you’ll all continue to use the Community as a source of support.

Best wishes, 

Macmillan's Online Community team

• Absolutely.

Obviously dying people are going to be discussing dark topics from time to time. It'd be a bit odd if we didn't.

Anyway, I was always led to believe that its best not to bottle things up.  

• Sorry,  Moderator,

I cross posted.

Good to know that you have our backs! X

• Just wondering moderator, is it possible to discuss the subject of dying in the Room?.And is it possible to discuss moderation decisions there also?

Tvman 

Love life and family.