Some people are really starting to annoy me….or maybe I’m the problem

• 20 replies
  • 23 subscribers

People asking how I am on a regular basis are really starting to annoy me

so are people who say they’re not feeling well because they have the sniffles..try coping with an inoperable brain tumour where the treatment has left you barely able to walk a few steps. That’s another thing, I’ve started to notice people just complain about trivial nonsense, it’s like they just want to complain to complain.

even the sound of people chewing is irritating no

i know it’s partly me as the tablets I’m on do make you more irritable but that’s irritating in itself 

i much prefer having a cuddle with my dog than spending time with people at the moment..,I think I’ve always preferred animals anyway Joy

• I completely understand where you are coming from. Some days I just like to stay indoors, and cuddle up with my dog on the sofa. X 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • People asking how I am on a regular basis are really starting to annoy me

Oh I hear you!!!  
    This is why I've taken the decision to have a really strong rationale before I tell anyone I have cancer now.  None of my friends know.  

I am similarly annoyed by health professionals, counselling help lines, one GP even, who think it's appropriate to enquire after your emotional state just because you have cancer, or go OTT on the "we're here any time you need support" when you have never met them before grrrrrrr

Need a pic of the dog to illustrate!  

• Some people don't know how to respond.. I think it reminds them of.their own mortality. Only two people know about me so i don't have to explain to.so many. I guess im a private person and i don't want to be identified as a man with cancer. Im still Tony and i live until i dont live.

• I think we all can relate....and it dosen't help if you're on steroids...it did make me very angry and sometimes unfair...

• People should be nice us or bugger them!

• I concur x 

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Have you ever listened to Don Henley/Eagles song 'Get Over It' ? He wrote it because he was fed up hearing from people whinging about trivia and always looking to blame somebody else over things that had happened. Worth a blast when something pi**es you orf. I love it.   Rainie x

• Ah yes, I know it well, a friend of ours was in a group that used to play in the local pubs, and that was one of the songs they used to do. Great song. 

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could mute or block people in life, as we do on social media Grinning

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • I could give you a name for immediate exclusion.

• I could supply a rather long list, so you might be busy!  Rainie x