Stage 4 breast cancer

• 37 replies
  • 70 subscribers

Hi. Just joined this group. 3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. Yesterday I had my first appointment with an oncologist. They told me that additional tests have shown the cancer has spread to my adrenal gland and spine. It is incurable. I will have chemotherapy though starting in 2-3 weeks time. I'm a positive person and have dealt quite well with the diagnosis I had before yesterday as it felt fixable. I'm now feeling rather shocked and I'm not sure, almost, what to do with myself or the information. It's scary. I posted on the breast cancer forum and had a reply recommending this forum so here I am.

Xx

• Liz life does go on, only last Sunday we were blessed with our 8th grandchild a little angel called Mandy, I'm getting married in October and we are currently in Scotland visiting family. take care.

Eddie xx

• Hi Liz, It takes a lot of practice to take one day at a time and doesn't happen nstantly but it is worth persevering. You can do this!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Good morning all, awoke by my alarm having a hypo so sat up in bed eating 5 jelly babies. OK now so will try for another hours sleep. XX

Moi

• Hi Moi, I can't get to sleep either, my arms & legs are jumping around like electric shocks going round my body, so decided to get up and go on my iPad.

I do hope you manage to get back to sleep for at least a few hours!

Love Annette x

• Morning Annette sorry your not getting much sleep I don't know if this is relevant to you, I did a relaxation therapy course at Maggies, available online too, which as well as helping me sleep, when I got restless leg syndrome I was able to by using what I had learned to stop it quickly, 

love Eddie xx 

• Morning. Annette & Moi, I hope you got some sleep eventually. In a little update I now know that my first chemo is on 16th July. Feels a bit better to at least know when I'm getting started. 

Any top tips for session one? 

Thank you. Liz xx

• Morning Liz, hope your feeling a little better today,  it's good to hear your appointment is sorted, though sorry I can't help,I'm not allowed chemo, but I know many on the forum have and there is also the dedicated chemotherapy forum to ask, hope you have a good day.

Eddie xx 

• Hi Annette yes got afew hours more sleep. That leccy legs is awful jumping everywhere Tired face I hope you got some sleep . Love

Moi

1. Hi Liz, I haven't had chemo, but I'd wear something comfy, take a book, but the chemo site will  tell you everything you need to know. Hope all goes well on the16th. I'm sure sombody who's  had chemo will jump on and give you some advice. Take care lovely xx
    2. Moi
  • Hi Liz, LIke Moi, I  haven't had chemo as it doesn't work for my type of cancer but when I've had a blood or iron infusion, I take my Kindle & my mini iPad to read or listen to music! Glad your first one isn't too far away, you'll settle after that too i am sure!

Hi Eddie, I have been doing Tai Chi and Meditation for over 35 years. Unfortunately the cause is nerve damage and nerves too near the surface after surgery so they don't help. But thanks for the suggestion!

There is also a free app called Headspace that is good for anyone to try it!

Love Annette x