On my own now

• 48 replies
  • 73 subscribers

I'm sat in bed  with private tears wondering how on earth things have ended up this way.

I have 2 children (11 and 19) and in the middle of a break up.  Despite always being strong and independent I now feel weak, scared and very very lonely now.

Are there others that are doing this on there own???  I'm just so disappointed and hurt that someone walked out during the hardest time.  He made my life and cancer so much easier and happier. 

I feel like he's taken the end of my life and ruined it- I could never do that to anyone.

Sorry .... I'm just rambling because I'm so lost today

• Thank you for yourl9vely reply. Hope you're okayx

• Morning all!! I'm up had pills and nice dog walk , it's tidy up time now and getting ready to go out for lunch with my brother , so a pleasant day hopefully, I hope you all enjoy youres!! 

Lee

• Thank you so much Ellie for your reply.

I am so sorry as you have been through so much.  Losing your husband is heartbreaking and then having to carry 9n with grief and treatment. You are quite an inspiration that I shall try and follow - big girl pants at the ready!

• Hey Eddie - nice to meet you Blush and thank you for your reply.  I'm hoping this forum will give me all you have mentioned. I've got friends but my life has changed so much that I can't relate to them in the same way anymore. I've been hit quite hard with my partner breaking up so some support on here is great .... and hopefully smiles along the way x

• Hi Victoria, you are welcome many of us find our relationships with friends change though they mean well they don't really understand. I go to my local cancer drop in centres which have been a big help too and offer that face to face time which is needed at times, you may have a maggies near you, www.maggies.org you don't need an appointment and everything is free and the people are great. I'm off gardening with kids, take care.

Eddie

• Hi there - thank you. I wonder if you are viewing on your phone or a laptop? I am on my phone. My screen doesn’t have Cancer Forums at the top. There is the Green strip. If l click on the the 3 white lines top left, l can get groups etc. but it seems to be faulty. I get buffering and the screen goes dark. Underneath the green strip, on white, l have headings: “On line Community, Home icon, Search and More…  “Further Down in bold there is Turn notifications off, new thread etc. l go to Home and there l get notifications, my groups and recent activity. If l click on More there is no response at all.
    I can’t find ‘CANCER FORUMS’ anywhere. lf l put that in search l get over 15,000 results. 
    Once l click on the Home Icon, my profile icon comes up on the right so l can click on that too. Underneath my profile is My Forums. 
    So l get around but as l said, it is a struggle. 

• What a shit! I have no other words, feel so angry for you. Sending hugs, and wine. And chocolate x

• Hi Onk, i am using a laptop, occasionally use phone ANDROID but can be a pain at times, maybe someone who uses their phone a lot will be able to help

Eddie

• Thanks ... it certainly wasn't his finest hour!  Nice to meet you Blush 

• Thank you Eddie - I do feel I need to get out and find people in similar situations. I think mylocal hospice do a coffee morning- but I find that place hard to go to as its the place I'll go at end of life. But I'll put  my big girl pa to on and give it ago - thanks x