On my own now

• 48 replies
  • 73 subscribers

I'm sat in bed  with private tears wondering how on earth things have ended up this way.

I have 2 children (11 and 19) and in the middle of a break up.  Despite always being strong and independent I now feel weak, scared and very very lonely now.

Are there others that are doing this on there own???  I'm just so disappointed and hurt that someone walked out during the hardest time.  He made my life and cancer so much easier and happier. 

I feel like he's taken the end of my life and ruined it- I could never do that to anyone.

Sorry .... I'm just rambling because I'm so lost today

• I am totally hopeless trying to find my way around. I just open a Macmillan email and click on view here. I can’t find the person who l am taking to. I have to scroll through every single message. After that l click on home. Then you have to go right to the bottom of the page to find another thread. Usually it says donate here  My excuse is three years of chemo…

• Yes this ^^^^^^ although I disabled the emails and browse on my laptop but the b****y Donate button!  Just go-away!

• Hi Onk, You say you are struggling finding your was round the forums. If you want to find a forum. at the top of the page you will see CANCER FORUMS, click on it. You will se CANCER TYPES FORUM, click on it. you will see the first list if yours is not there, click on the numbers 1 to 5 and you will find it. If you want one you are already a member on, click on your user name. green letters and you will see it. To find someone, if you know their username you can go to the top of the page and click on SEARCH, type in their username and press search. you will find their home page, at the top you will see FORUMS click on to visit their forums. and ACTIVITY click on to find all their posts, i hope this helps,

Eddie

• HIi Mmum, are you ok

Eddie

• Yes!  Rocking it!  I just wanted to sympathise with ONK's email experience of the forum because I agree it's pants!

• perfectly clear, sleep well

Eddie

• I am so sorry to hear your partner has left &!your going through all this on your own. There are lots of support groups out there Maggie’s centres McMillan support groups & this group as well we are all here for you sending you lots of love.

jacquie

• Hi Victoria, A warm welcome to this terrific supportive Group, I hope you will never feel alone again as you can come here and there is usually someone around to talk to. Is your 19 year old at home or away at uni, college or anywhere?

If you look at the top right of the page, once you have signed in. You will see what looks like a lightening Bolt, a square text type box, a bookmark and lastly your name. Leave the others just now and click on the Lightening bolt  ( this is for you too Eddie!) a drop down box appears. If it shows you a topic or it says 'no unread notifications' under this in green letters it will say "view all". Click on this and it will take you to All the resent Discussions, the Headings are on the right again in green. Click on the one that says Lovely Morning Chit Chat 19 ( or any other Title) and it will take you to that discussion! Hope this helps!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Yes .. im on the incurable thank you. And I found the daily chitchat x

• Awww ..... thanks Eddie for taking the time to explain. Very helpful- I'm gradually getting better at it xx