New to group

• 26 replies
  • 68 subscribers

Hi I am new to the group & wanted to introduce myself. I felt there was lots I wanted to say & my mind has gone blank hopefully I can join in discussions share my thoughts, questions & support.

• It is one of my nights I get restless & cannot sleep I am sorry if I woke you. 

• Hi, Of course you didn't wake me! I use an iPad and not a phone so it doesn't make any noise when a new email comes in! I am often awake in the early hours, mainly because I haven't got to sleep yet! I usually check the Group then do some jigsaws online on a free App which I did earlier but still could not settle ( due to pain) so I thought I'd just check here again in case anyone else was awake! Also at this time you sometimes get posts in the Chat 19 Thread because some people go to bed early and wake up early! I hope you manage some sleep now.

I do hope you are not worried about something because it won't make a difference to what happens whether you worry or not.....so why worry! Good night, or should I say good morning! There is usually someone in the Group around to chat to!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hello JSB! Nice to meet you x

• Hello Shadders nice to meet you x

• Hi  

Hello and a warm welcome to the group. No one would choose to join but it's a lovely group, with lovely people. Everyone is very friendly and supportive. We understand each other as we are all in the same boat, different cancers but all incurable. I'm sorry to read that your husband is now in the same position. I liked your comment though about the boxing gloves!

I am currently stable, since Sept 2022. My profile is on if you'd like to read. I am medically retired from a full time job in the  NHS. I've lost a lot because of cancer and I feel like a different person now, different life. Cancer has also taught me a lot though and I'm not sure I would want the old life back. I like to read, crafts and gardening. I also love to walk, I couldn't walk very well at one point, so I count my blessings. We have different threads within the group for interests like art, gardening, book club, cookery. There is also Ellie's lovely morning chat group, which is great if you like a bit of banter.

Good to meet you.

A x

• Hi Shadders nice to meet you x

• Hi Sistermoon thank you for introducing yourself look forward to chatting with everyone x

• Hi I just wanted to pop by! I have read your profile. Wow what a tough time you and your husband are having! As the others have said, this is a great place to get things off your chest. Sometimes I go back and read my earlier posts, and have been pleased to find I’ve gone full circle in my decisions! I’ll keep an eye out for you.

• Welcome. You'll find your feet and we are a friendly bunch. Keep posting and here's a hug. Rainie x

• Hi JSB, I hope when I haven't seen your name here recently it means you are sleeping a bit better! At least I hope that's the reason! I did tell you I was a night owl! 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!