Secondary Breast Cancer

• 16 replies
  • 68 subscribers

I have newly joined your group so wanted to tell you a little about myself.

I just finished treatment last August for Lobular Breast Cancer.

2 months ago I was diagnosed with secondary Breast Cancer in my Sternum Ribs and Spine.

I was told I was high risk of cancer spreading at the time of mastectomy. 

It didn't make it any easier when this was the case and happening so soon after my treatment ending.

I am finding it very hard to process and don't believe this is actually happening to me.

I have other health issues.

The main one being Lupus.

I have just recently started chemo tabs so see how that goes.

I live alone with my dog called Fern.

She is such a joy to me.

I was a nurse but had to retire due to Lupus.

Doreen x

• Hi  

Hello Doreen, good to see you here, there are lovely people in this group, as you've just found out. I was a nurse myself but have recently had my letter informing me I will be granted ill health retirement. I feel that stage 4 cancer forced my hand. It didn't make sense to be looking after people that may be fitter than myself. 

I hope you find some good pals here, the daily chit chat is always a laugh and a bit tongue in cheek. 

A x

• Having to retire is very hard.

I had to retire years ago due to all the complications with Lupus.

You need to take care of yourself now.

Doreen x

• Hello Luppie, A warm but belated welcome from me. I'm glad you have a furry friend to talk to and now you have all of us too - so let it all out on here whenever you feel the need. Rest assured, we will understand. Find your way around and get to know us all. Hugs from Rainie x

• Thank you for warm welcome.

Doreen x

• Hi Doreen, I have seen you on some of the other forums. I am similar in that I found I had a met in my liver just before finishing chemo for my primary cancer last autumn, in my case TNBC. I hope you can remain stable and side effect free on your tablets. Try to ‘park’ it as much as you can. It’s much better to focus on what you can do today rather than worry about what might happen tomorrow. 

• Most days I can Park it but not so easy on other days.

Doreen.