Saying hello

• 42 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Good morning to you all just thought I would introduce myself.My name is Brian I have been diagnosed with stage 4 incurable rectal cancer which has spread to my liver and lungs. Prognosis is not good but I am fighting. Had my 2nd course of chemotherapy last week. Still getting used to it all. 

• People are so friendly here. Cancer really helps you find out what's important in life.  Finding a group who understand what you're facing is a great help.

• So true about people being friendly, this terrible disease deffinately helps you put things into perspective. But most importantly how nice and caring people can be. I have found that out today.

• as my adult kids say I am an analogue man in a digital world.

Great quote, love it!

• Hello Brian, a very warm welcome to you. We are all here for you and I look forward to getting to know you. Very best wishes.

• Hi Brian..i wanted to say hello also...welcome from Australia...we are a great bunch here, we can laugh, listen and here you can even have a rant. 

• Hi  

Hi Brian, welcome to the group. Everyone here is very friendly and supportive, as you have found out with all the messages. I have read your profile and it is heartbreaking, putting your wife first, as you did. Your family sounds lovely and a good help to you. I am incurable but currently stable after treatment, our prognosis sounds similar. I hope your treatment goes well for you,

A x

• Thank you for your message and welcome.

• Thank you for the welcome, hopefully I won't rant too much .

• Hi Benji79, a very warm welcome to the group. I am glad you have found us here, as you can see from the welcomes you have had, we are an ok bunch. You can read our own stories by clicking on our user name or picture, and go to our profile page. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • I’ve just read your profile Brian. What a story you.have, my heart goes out to you, you and your family have all suffered so much. I’m sending bigs hugs to you all and keeping everything crossed that the treatment works for a while at least, for all your sakes. Keep in touch and let us know how you’re doing. Elise’s good morning thread is great for a bit of normal silliness that help take minds off their worries. 
    Jac x