Newbie - secondary metastatic breast cancer. Just saying hello

• 41 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Just been diagnosed with secondary metastatic breast cancer in the lymph nodes in neck. Been told it’s advanced, treatable but not curable. Had DCIS breast cancer in 2017 so this new diagnosis is a complete blow. Hoping to connect with others for support and the share experiences.

Gutted we’re all here but love the positivity as this is how I am facing my diagnosis. 

Send so much love xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Shadders

Hi im doing ok just trying g to livec as normal as possible lifes for living thats how I look at it. Even though we have this disease we have to live. I've become very paranoid about catching things and it's really poisoned my mind. I'm trying my best now to not keep asking if anyones got a cold or anything . I think im driving people away with my paranoid attitude so I'm going to try now to continue as I was but just been careful xx

•  Yes Evette I went down that road s bit too. I was so ill before Christmas, kept getting one cold after another and never in my life have I seen so much phlegm! Gross! My treatment had to stop So I’ve not seen anyone who says they have a cold or cough. Mainly everyone has been understanding but as I haven’t been ill again I’m slowly becoming less cautious. As you say life is for living! 
    Jac x

• FormerMember

It's completely taken over my mind so I've just got to move on a bit. We can't shut ourselves away. I'm divorced so I live on my own I was thinking if I still had someone living with me I couldn't tell them to leave if they got a cold lol !!! We just have to go on. X

• How are you both getting on with your treatments and scans ? xx 

• I had my second scan two weeks ago and get the results on the 20th, so I’ll find out then if treatments are working. I’m ok on them just get very fatigued some days. I have found that having a focus each day helps and going for a walk, walking as fast as I can for 10 minutes once I’m warmed up really helps and I feel less fatigued and in a better frame of mind as at least I’ve achieved something. I do feel like they’re working as feel much better since Christmas. How about you? 
    Jac x

• FormerMember

Yes I make sure I go out everyday. My scan won't be till April so fingers crossed. Good luck with your scan results as well. I also get very fatigue do you have much energy xx

• No some days I feel wiped out. When I first started it was worse. There was one day I slept almost all day but now just feel worn out some days, especially if I’ve had a busy day before. Hope you are ok Evette, what is your treatment? 
    Jac x

• FormerMember

Yes I OK thanks im on aromisin and exmestane target therapy what treatment is yours x

• I’m on Palbociclib and anastrozole with denosumab injections 

Jac x

• FormerMember

OK how long have you been on them for. I am a bit low at the moment my daughter and grandaughter haven't been well my daughters had covid and my Grandaughter had similar but tested negative. Its so hard to stay away they are over it now but my daughter felt not well last night I was going today but she's got a cough and conjested I just don't know what to do risk it I think although I have bloods on Friday I might see after then. I do go out and mixing in the shops etc could pick up anything its a hard one. I thought she was ok till yesterday then it came on her I think she's caught it off my Grandaughter I find it so difficult dealing with all this we just have to take the risk. Have you got children and a hubby I'm divorced. Be better I think in my mind if I lived with someone you couldn't tell them to leave the house lol. I'm sick of living like this I've got to take the risk I try and avoid things its if you know someone's not too well we try and avoid but sometimes you can't sorry for the moan just wonder how you deal with it.do I take it to the extreme I think xx