Newbie - secondary metastatic breast cancer. Just saying hello

• 41 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Just been diagnosed with secondary metastatic breast cancer in the lymph nodes in neck. Been told it’s advanced, treatable but not curable. Had DCIS breast cancer in 2017 so this new diagnosis is a complete blow. Hoping to connect with others for support and the share experiences.

Gutted we’re all here but love the positivity as this is how I am facing my diagnosis. 

Send so much love xx

• Hi Evette, sounds like you are really struggling. I go out and about as usual now. I wear a mask on a crowded bus or tube. I avoid friends if they have a cold. I mainly go out for a walk with friends anyway so don’t tend to go in others houses much except for my bestie. I still go into cafes restaurants etc. I have husband and daughter living with me at the moment. Son moved out a year ago but see him and girlfriend regularly . I asked hubbys brother not to come at Christmas as he had bad cold.He didn’t mind as he didn’t feel well anyway. I think Im coping fairly well at the moment , going out for a walk everyday helped me more than I can say. Can you get out for a walk? Have you managed to talk to a counsellor? That helped me too. Sending you hugs Evette, be kind to yourself. It’s not your fault you feel this way. You might need to go to docs and get antidepressants or anti anxiety meds. 
    Take care

Jac x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Shadders

Im ok thanks I've done counselling it has helped I just miss seeing my Daughter and Grandaughter with them having covid and colds. I do go out to cafes and places myself im out most days to be honest. I wear a mask when I think somewhere busy. You sound like me with the cold side of it. You can't throw your family out if they have one lol  !!!. I'm dealing with it myself. I do walk yes I drive as well xx

• Hey! Sounds like me, DCIS back in 2013, bi lat mastectomy and told it won’t come back! Lung Mets 10 years later, had chemo. Then remission for another ten years. It’s just popped back up but very Punch tone1l and just have to go through treatment again. Some  cancers just need dealing with now and again but you just keep going. We’ll smash it Punch tone1

• Hi & welcome

Beautifull picture, i too am down south and near the sea. When i can i go down in my van, make myself a coffee and just sit and watch the waves. I'm lucky to have several places near by for different views.

Wishing you luck with your journey.

Cat x

• Hiya, I’m new here I’ve got secondary breast cancer in lymph nodes and small mets to spine mines also treatable her2 positive I’ve just finished 6 rounds of chemo and will continue on phesgo injections. Good luck with your treatment xx

• Hello, I e been diagnosed with secondary breast cancer so scared can I ask how long you had cancer I really need hope xxx

• Hi Lindz, being told you are incurable doe's not meen you going to checkout any time soon, your being treated and dispit the side effects it will keep you going, the vast majority of us have passed the sell by date.

This gives the science guys to come up with something new.

When we are first diagnosed we are all scared and tearful, it's quite normal, we all worry when we have to go for more scans and the waiting for results is horrible but when we are told every thing is ok the relief is wonderful.

If you touch the icon beside our names you can read our profiles, by the way I'm a man so different type of C but hey C is C.

There are lots of ladies on the site I know they will be contacting you, every cloud has a silver lining. ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup

• Hey, god it’s so scary isn’t it, I’m ten years since my previous occurrence, two new tumors in my lung last week. Onc is starting me on a chemo herseptin mix. He said prognosis is good. Obvs not curable but they’ll keep a really close eye on you and if it pops up again they will deal with it. Trust me until the last couple of weeks I rarely even thought about cancer any more. There will be bright days again soon. Just get this shitty time out the way and look forward to Xmas xxxx

• Thank you for your reply I hope your doing well despite this horrible situation.. I’ve read your profile and wow your doing so well that’s amazing please keep in touch and take care xx

• Thank you for your reply I really don’t know how to handle all this I’m so scared for my kids.. hard to be strong but my cancer is highly treatable I think it’s the uncertainty of it all.. hope your doing well xxx