Incurable Brain cancer

• 52 replies
  • 71 subscribers

Good morning folks. As on the brain cancer section I will be brief - it’s my way. I have the above. Just had a large part of tumour removed. Healing well. Convulsions seem to be under control and no pain. Waiting for radiotherapy and I am told ,constant chemotherapy until I can stand it no more. I am positive,quite cheerful too. I have no time to waste being miserable if honest. I am sure I’ll get the odd day though. My wife is trying to be similar bless her.

so that’s me,and thanks for letting me in here

• Hi    , welcome to the incurables. Sorry to have met you here, would much rather have met you elsewhere. Mrs Mumf sounds very supportive as I'm sure you were a rock for her when she was struggling with breast cancer. Great to hear that she has managed to get through her treatment and it was successful.  I've got to confess that until you said you were a man, I thought you were female! You do sound so positive which is commendable Mumf, without which life would be so miserable.

I have a blood/bone marrow cancer and I was diagnosed in March 2015. I have had weekly treatment since then in the form of an injection which Mrs Tvman gives me. Unfortunately 3 months after my bone marrow diagnosis I was diagnosed with severe spinal stenosis and six months after that I had to take to a wheelchair when outside of the house. That year was tough, at the age of 57 I was forced to retire and my plans for retirement at the age of 66 were blown away. I'm 64 now and at peace with my conditions. 

Mumf I'd encourage you to contribute a little but of course if you want to remain in the background that's fine, we know you're there. Maybe you could share any scan results you may receive from time to time?

Take care Mumf

Tvman 

Love life and family.
  • Hi Tvman. Nice to hear from you. I am glad that you are at peace .I am reading of sufferers who are living longer than suggested,it pleases both wife and me, so your comment has added to that! . My chilled out attitude is helping towards that,I am sure. I have taken on meditation too. It helps calmness. I am bracing for full on treatment,and I will comment,for sure. Like you,I wish we’d met in a better way, but that’s fate isn’t it? We’ll speak again soon,for sure. You take care too Tvman.