Hello all

• 451 replies
  • 69 subscribers

Hello to you all.  Sorry to have met the criteria for inclusion in this group of the forum (Just recently diagnosed with Stage 4 prostate cancer, bone mets and multiple lymph node involvement.  Described by oncologist as particularly nasty and unlucky, the cancer not me!  She may be half correct as I can’t get a win a the bookies for love nor money).  I am 53 and intend to hang around with my rather dark sense of humour for a long as possible.  Current estimates anywhere from 12 to 36 months, so lets see if this time frame can be extended!

All the best to you all.   

Michael 

• same day every , mine  are called Alendronic Acid , just a tablet lol x

• Hi Ellie, yep exactly the same for me me.  I will start them this Sunday, best day for me I think :) 

• I do mine on a Monday, start them before you may have any problems, i only just gone on the a month ago, landed up with fractures in pelvis, bloody painful, took 3 months to heal,x

• Hi Ladies, I'm not on any form of calcium tablets yet, not looking forward to them being prescribed, to me it's an other degrade in my health. I am eating a lot more yoghurt to add calcium to my diet, whilst I'm not on on a diet to lose weight, I'm managing to lose weight anyway, from February 21 I've gone from 13-9 to 10-10 better than slimming world, eat and drink what I want and still lose weight, fantastic.

• I have Calcium that is another tablet. i eat every thing that is good for  ones bones,

Cannot win x

• I did not realize, that you lose weight, when you lose calcium, because your bones are not so heavy, So the Doctor told me at Hospital. x

• Hi Ellie I don't know which way you cancer thins your bones, it might be like mine, it eats them full of holes so they look like a bar of Aero chocolate, but eatting the right food delays onset. What you have to do to keep going.

• Not Sure, but will find out.

I did not realize i had fractures, to be honest i thought i had hurt my  back.

Had my 3 monthly scan for the cancer, nurse phoned, good news cancer stable but two fractures in your pelvis,

i  lost the use of one of my legs, as it was effected in middle of pelvis, my pelvis cannot take my own weight, he hoy.

Cannot stand for to long, as low pain right across back, bt hopefully tablets will help.

So gardening takes me longer, and really i should not be doing it, hence handyman lol.

• Hi All, I am not on calcium tablets but I know what you mean about the tumours eating holes in the bone. I had to have a pin put in from my shoulder to my elbow before I lost the use of my arm. I now also have a plate holding my spine together. So you'd think I would be low in calcium but I am not and I can't seem to loose weight for love nor money!

What I am low on is iron. I have iron deficiency anemia. I am also low on vitamin D so take a daily tablet for that.

I'm sure if anyone shook us....we'd rattle! Have a great weekend!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • I'm not trying to lose weight it's a gift