Hello all

• 451 replies
  • 69 subscribers

Hello to you all.  Sorry to have met the criteria for inclusion in this group of the forum (Just recently diagnosed with Stage 4 prostate cancer, bone mets and multiple lymph node involvement.  Described by oncologist as particularly nasty and unlucky, the cancer not me!  She may be half correct as I can’t get a win a the bookies for love nor money).  I am 53 and intend to hang around with my rather dark sense of humour for a long as possible.  Current estimates anywhere from 12 to 36 months, so lets see if this time frame can be extended!

All the best to you all.   

Michael 

• Well Michael, thought i would say hello, the dark sense of humour, i can relate to that, as others here also can, i am sure there will be some other people along,  there are a lot here that has gone by their sell by date, as we call it, me included,

You  will get a lot of support here, we are all in the same boat, and its a big boat, i am sorry to say, You can ask any one any thing, some one will have an answer, though as you may have guessed, i have a different cancer, lol

But wanted to say Hi 

• Who gave you the prognosis, and what meds are you on.

All the best Ulls 

• Hello Michael and Bas.

I have stage 4 prostate cancer with bone mets. Gleason 8, 4+4. Was diagnosed 2017 with a prognosis of 8 months to a year. Had chemo and radio. It is no longer a guaranteed death sentence, plenty of research going on.

Still here , so much for prognosis guesses.

Been on zoladex for 5 years. It works until it doesn't,  not much of an answer but a fact.

I have just been taken off it to give my body a rest. When psa at two will go back on it with a possibility of targeted treatment at the particular tumour letting me down.

Good luck to the pair of you. Nice people on here. There is a dedicated prostate group, not as amusing as this lot though.

• Hi. The oncologist gave me a range from 12 months- to 8 years however she commented she would be minded to be less optimistic in my case and settle nearer to the lower end of the scale. Thus what I put here. I’m on Prostap about to start Aberiterone and then she will blast with some radiotherapy as she said the latest was this can add quite some time.  This my belief that these times are well beatable. It’s all subjective anyway as we all know I’m sure.  

• Hi Ellie. If did guess you would be in a different type. Thanks for saying hello and I hope you are ok 

• Hi there sounds similar to my position and I agree the timeframes are subjective and well beat able. Glad you are doing well. Yes I saw the dedicated group too. Thank you :) 

• Hi Michael,  this is a good group to be in BUT we all wish we weren't, support and some weird sense of humour at times. I'm a year after my sell by date and still going strong Muscle. Take care xx

• Nice one Moi2, Glad to hear you are going strong, keep doing so.  Best wishes Michael 

• It's not a weird sense of humour, it's different. Oh, OK, it's weird. Especially Ulls and Ellie

• Do not forget to put your  name on the weird list your  first.