Hello all

• 451 replies
  • 69 subscribers

Hello to you all.  Sorry to have met the criteria for inclusion in this group of the forum (Just recently diagnosed with Stage 4 prostate cancer, bone mets and multiple lymph node involvement.  Described by oncologist as particularly nasty and unlucky, the cancer not me!  She may be half correct as I can’t get a win a the bookies for love nor money).  I am 53 and intend to hang around with my rather dark sense of humour for a long as possible.  Current estimates anywhere from 12 to 36 months, so lets see if this time frame can be extended!

All the best to you all.   

Michael 

• I don't have a clue what your new meds are but will look them up, cocktails go idea, I'll be having a whiskey.

• I do believe they are to stop my bones crumbling, a drug to mitigate the impact of a drug to mitigate the….it goes on, I would prefer a book token to be honest. 

• Thanks for that I've been warned that my bones could get like a Swiss cheese if the cancer cannot be controlled, and that they had treatments to prevent that, and as a last ditch I could have the hole's filled with bone cement.

I'm having problems which I think is spine related, all my toes feel numb, if I stand up to long my entire left leg goes numb, also have pain in the left side of my neck accompanied by a tingling sensation and it sounds really rough when looking from side to side.

I'm seeing oncologist on 19 September, unfortunate bad timeing between our wedding anniversary and my birthday, normally we go away.

• Hi Ulls, sorry to hear that about your bones. You probably know that I'm in a wheelchair but I can stand and I don't have my house converted mainly because I can move around my house and garden without a wheelchair. 

I can empathise with you Ulls when you talk about your issues when you stand. My problems start when I stand, the longer I stand or walk the more pain I have and in a short time I'm forced to sit down. Longer isn't maybe the best word because the length of time involved is less than a minute. 

September Ulls, is when our wedding anniversary falls, the 27th to be exact and this year will be our 43rd. Sometimes we go away for a day or two but whether we do or don't, we always have a meal out. 

What date is your wedding anniversary Ulls? Good luck for the 19th. 

Take care and stay safe Ulls

Tvman x 

Love life and family.
  • Hi Morton.

I have just been put on a new tablet that belongs to that group, mine is one a week.

Glad your doing well you, i have always wanted a tattoo  

, only a small one, my grand daughter is going to get one, and i did say i would go with her and get mine, though her dad said i am to old, Though i did say  am mum and you cannot tell me what to do, We will see x

• Hi Tvman, we were married 10 days prior to you

• If that's what you won't go for it regardless of what anyone else says 

• well i wold not mind my son has them, so can not comment, just a small one, that's not really visible

• Julie has flowers and butterflies on her back.

• I am one a week as well it turns out.  I am getting used to the Tattoo now, go for it I say :)