Hello all

• 451 replies
  • 69 subscribers

Hello to you all.  Sorry to have met the criteria for inclusion in this group of the forum (Just recently diagnosed with Stage 4 prostate cancer, bone mets and multiple lymph node involvement.  Described by oncologist as particularly nasty and unlucky, the cancer not me!  She may be half correct as I can’t get a win a the bookies for love nor money).  I am 53 and intend to hang around with my rather dark sense of humour for a long as possible.  Current estimates anywhere from 12 to 36 months, so lets see if this time frame can be extended!

All the best to you all.   

Michael 

• Hi Rainie, funny you should mention this Mrs U saw a YouTube vid about the same thing, he used 2 mats on in the pillow and one in the bed.

Thanks very much for this post

• We have those for our dogs, I think we found them in Aldi

Sarah 

• I have the same response lol! 

• Hi Michael, Sorry for the late welcome but I have been on holiday. It is great to have a good sense of humour, a lot of us here do too. I hope you are here for a very long time, the doctors can't predict the future or I would not still be here! Now what's troubling me is why you have 68 after your forum name, if you are only 53! It's very confusing!

however I don't wish to know the answer or I will be accused of asking personal questions! If you have a good sense of humour, you will no doubt hear about the rules in due course! Lol!! Welcome!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Rainie, I have a 'cooler pad' inside my pillow case for bed. It works quite well but depends on how bad the flushes get. I bought it from Boots. I bought a cheaper one before that but it didn't work for me at all! It is worth getting one. I also have a small fan on my bedside table! 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Annette totally agree re the doctors inability to predict future.  One day at a time and I hope you are doing well.  Ah, you have spotted my time as a 53 is though sadly limited! I will have to update my profile in October, when I make it there lol! Hope you do have a gift of a day :) 

Michael 

• Hi Morton68, I was told 6 to 24 months, which is up next January, the urologist who said that agreed it was just a guess, so to pot with guess work I'm looking forward to getting my 100 Birthday card of the King, only an other 25 years to go.

All the best Ulls 

• I trust you will be having a party, Keep on keeping on :) 

• To right bring your own beer and best behaviour, I'll provide venue, food and dancers, see ladies equality rules.

All the best Ulls 

• Hi Ulls,  a party am I invited ? If not I'll gate crash.What is the ladies equality Rules ? I must tell you  I'm a Gal who does her own thing and often ignore rules. (I just don't  read them) lol. Dress code please.  XX