Hello all

• 451 replies
  • 69 subscribers

Hello to you all.  Sorry to have met the criteria for inclusion in this group of the forum (Just recently diagnosed with Stage 4 prostate cancer, bone mets and multiple lymph node involvement.  Described by oncologist as particularly nasty and unlucky, the cancer not me!  She may be half correct as I can’t get a win a the bookies for love nor money).  I am 53 and intend to hang around with my rather dark sense of humour for a long as possible.  Current estimates anywhere from 12 to 36 months, so lets see if this time frame can be extended!

All the best to you all.   

Michael 

• Hi Moi2, it's raining in Sunderland as well, saves me watering the garden, Friday I have a wee dram, once fortnightly to pub with friends 2 glasses of spritza.

Mrs U don't drink in-between pub visits, if you don't mind me being nosy which type of diabetes do you have.

All the best Ulls 

• Hi Ulls they are calling it type 3c, it's been coursed  by my treatment. Not as well known as 1 and 2. Is mostly coursed by long term illness. Mines side efect of my immunotherapy. Insulin and metformin twice a day  but are talking about going on insulin 4 times a day. Hence my jelly babies them or Lucozade for hypos which I don't  have very often but  the hot weather didn't help. Take care  best wishes to Mrs. Ulls xx

• Hi Moi2, I have type 2 brought on by my age and medication, Mrs U is type 1 for nearly 50 years, 4 injections a day+ Metformin, we always have full suger Lucozade with us, better safe than sorry.

All the best Ulls 

• Wow a sensible conversation not used to that on this site, I'm glad to have an other northerner on here, a certain person who lives below the Watford gap think's I'm a spive from Manchester?

• Yes I'm new at this only got diagnosed in march as type 2. Ended up in hospital 3c and am on a study 1 of 2500 people taking part, seeing how we cope with it and how it affects us, have to keep a diary and see the nurse regularly. I see her once a  month xx

• Yes Ulls let's forget sensible.  You a spive must be a southerner calling you that, we this side of the Watford Gap don't  use them word, we have our own slang x

• You are very fickle Ulls. After attempting to take Ellie from me you have now moved on to Moi2. You should come with a public health warning. You are so transparent. 

• Hi AA,  I'm a free spirit I flit here and there and am quit happy in my own little way. Ulls and I have 3 things or is it 4 in common:- we both have spouses, diabetes,  cancer oh and yes both NORTH of the Watford  Gap ha ha. Take care xx

• That good your being looked after well, sometimes side effects can seem worse than the cancer.

• I wonder what MrsAA thinks, proberbly just shake's her head at you in dispair.