Terminal bone cancer

• 26 replies
  • 70 subscribers
  1. Hi, brand new to the group so wanted to say hi and hope I am doing things right as I have no clue what i am doing so apologies in advance if I screw up!

I am Heather, long story short had right lung removed March 2021, got told Sept 2022 it had returned in my lower spine and right hip, stage 4, incurable, terminal, which ever you perfer, found out last week it has spread to the left hand side of spine and hip and I am so upset and I don't know why as I know ir is terminal...help/advise woiuld me very welcome.  Thanks everyone Cry

• Hi Heather, welcome from me too.

It's been nearly 6 months since I heard the words incurable and still don't believe it! Feeling well having just completed 6 cycles of chemo but know the little s***s ae biding their time 'til they pop back. Luckily for me the pain went once the chemo worked on the tumours but I've still got my Morphine bottle in the cupboard.

Reading through your later posts in the thread I'm glad to see the support coupled with the quirky humour here has made you relax a bit more. I often laugh out loud, and sometimes cry but it's great being a member of this particular club!

Sending hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Barb, pleased to meet you...would rather it be under different circumstances but hey hoo. Glad to here your pain is in control.

Chat soon warm wishes Hearher.

• Welcome to the group you didn't want to join. Glad you've found us. We all have different cancers, but have had the same news. You can say pretty much anything on here and if you feel like a rant , then rant away. Get it off your chest, so to speak. Hope you find relief soon and can try and get some good moments from every day. Onwards and upwards. Hugs. Rainie x

• Hello Amanda, Welcome to you too. It all takes some getting used to. Hard to get your head around things at first. We've all trodden the path and the main thing is to try to keep positive because new treatments pop up all the time. One day at a time. You will get to grips with it. Rainie x

• Hi Rainie

Thank you for your welcome and reply. Just read your profile, same type of cancer, your second op sounds as though it was a lot to go through. Fingers crossed you continue to be well.

Thanks again

Amanda x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Hope i am not repeating myself, if i haveanf already replied to you l, sorry, i am still getting used to how this website works? Mo spologues for makung little i's into big I's, ....life is to short!!!

Glad the chemo is working out for you, not been down that route yet, As most of my cancer is dormant and they don't want to fire stuff at and wake it up, just having big shots of radiation every niw and then to help with pain control,.it doesn't !.

Relatively pain free at the mo, my new meds are working, very sleepy tho, iff for a boobies once i finished ghi message.

Great tohear from you x