Terminal bone cancer

• 26 replies
  • 70 subscribers
  1. Hi, brand new to the group so wanted to say hi and hope I am doing things right as I have no clue what i am doing so apologies in advance if I screw up!

I am Heather, long story short had right lung removed March 2021, got told Sept 2022 it had returned in my lower spine and right hip, stage 4, incurable, terminal, which ever you perfer, found out last week it has spread to the left hand side of spine and hip and I am so upset and I don't know why as I know ir is terminal...help/advise woiuld me very welcome.  Thanks everyone Cry

• Hi Heather 

Welcome to the group Heather, lovely to meet you.  I'm so sorry you find yourself here, I wish I'd met you elsewhere though. Sounds like you're doing everything right by joining us and don't worry, you won't do anything wrong by talking about your cancer. 

I hope for you that your medical team are doing everything they can to at least keep you comfortable and they're looking for a treatment to give you hope. Without hope we can't get our lives in focus and we become a mess. Don't ever give in Heather.

I'm awake at this time not because of my cancer but a painful back condition that is annoying but I try to make the most of every day. My back condition started just 4 months after my cancer diagnosis so it was tough for a while but having a place to talk about things is so helpful. 

Take care and stay safe Heather

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Heather, you never need to worry about the screwing up here, we all have bad days and better days. Do shout out if you want to know anything, someone here will have an answer, or a useful experience that may help.

Best wishes 

Sarah 

• Hello Heather

I'm new to this group as well. I was in the womb cancer group but find now I am not curable I can't relate to their concerns, if you get my meaning.

Please click on my name for profile. I'm starting radiotherapy tomorrow for 5 days. Hoping by the end of it I can walk a bit better.  The incurable tag takes a lot of getting used to, don't think I'm there yet.

Take care

Amanda x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

•   Wishing you all the best with your RT tomorrow Green heart

• Hi there, great to know that i can't svrew up to massively ha, ha. Yes my Doc's are working hard to try abd control the pain in the timr I have left, they have taken me off morphine as it wasn't working, so far the new meds are doing the job

My hope and overall mood was way down until I joined this group, i have had such a warm welcome and messages of hope, i have had tears in my eyes, in a good way, i feel boosted and ready to fight the incureable tag again, i know i probably won't win but if i can get past the life expectancy i was given that's gotta be a win right?

I hope your back improves, it is so annoying.

Stay safe and thank you x

• I was taken off morphine as it wasn't working and, touch wood the new meds are working and i am not climbing the walls. Have a word and see if changing your meds would help, like you i have had 2 rounds of radiotherapy that did nothing. All we can do is hold each other up with words, i hope your pain is under control soon, let me know how ypu get on x

• Hi Amanda , lovely to meet you here but of course I wish it was elsewhere. I want to wish you all the very best for your radiotherapy this week. I really hope that you find that one of the most fundamental issues of living, that of being able to walk, is greatly improved Amanda. 

Take care and stay safe Amanda

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi tvman

Thank you for your lovely message and kind words. Hopefully all goes to plan this week and is over before I know it.

Amanda x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Hi sister moon, hope all goes well with your treatment this week and it helps with your walking. Thinking of you xx

• Hi Amanda, I know exactly what you mean. Some days I find it hard to relate as well.

I hope the RT goes well for the next few days

Gentle hugs your way, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett