Terminal bone cancer

• 26 replies
  • 69 subscribers
  1. Hi, brand new to the group so wanted to say hi and hope I am doing things right as I have no clue what i am doing so apologies in advance if I screw up!

I am Heather, long story short had right lung removed March 2021, got told Sept 2022 it had returned in my lower spine and right hip, stage 4, incurable, terminal, which ever you perfer, found out last week it has spread to the left hand side of spine and hip and I am so upset and I don't know why as I know ir is terminal...help/advise woiuld me very welcome.  Thanks everyone Cry

• Welcome Heather, you'll find most of us on here are incurable but treatable cancer. My advice is once the shock has worn off just try and take one day at a time. Alot of us are stable mables. There are lots of new treatments out there. Also some including me have gone past our sell by date. Take care XX

• Not treatable unfortunately, pnly treatment so far is one shot of radiation to control the pain. 

• I really feel for you Heather

I also have bone mets (primary is in right lung) in my shoulders and arms and its extremely  painful 

They've also given me a round of radiotherapy to try and control the pain but it hasn't worked yet and some days im climbing the walls.

I phoned 111 yesterday as even morphine wasn't helping.

It frightens me that they can't control the pain. I think bone piain from cancer isn't  understood that well and doesn't always respond to the usual painkillers.

They haven't given me a treatment plan yet as I'm waiting for the results of a bone biopsy. Also, like you, I only found out two weeks ago that it's inoperable.  It's such a shock isn't it? And to have to put up with extreme pain on top of it all seems doubly cruel.

If it wasn't for the kind supportive words from people on here I don't know what I'd do. X

• Hi Heather 
    We are all in the same boat here.  We all have been through what you are experiencing now.  It's understandable.   I suggest you need  to give yourself some time.   There's a great team of people on here.  We're here if you need a rant or to share experiences, symptoms and treatments.  But most importantly we also have a laugh.  Claire xXx

• I am sure you not past your self past date. It was so kind of you to reply and I think I may be in the right group if most of the members sre in the same boat, I look forward to reading posts from other members and getting to know everyone, once again thanks for replying to me x

• A laugh I could do with, not many around here at the moment!! So kind of you to take the time to reply abd I look forward to getting to know everyone in the group better, just had my meds for the night so stuff a glass of wine is in order, shocking I know lol, not sure if you are spose to reveal your real name but mine is Heather. Chat soon and if I do something wrong on the site like press the wrong link please let me know bye for now x
  • By sell by date I mean I was given 12 to 18 months 2019 and I'm still here, rather stubborn. But live day by day. This might make you chuckle, I was feeling adventurous today and died my hair red, but it is red red and my grey looks pink streaks.Blush take care Heather XX

• Made me and myHusband laugh, well at least you look funky and midern , pink is really in right now!!!! You keel doing what you are doing if it keeps stretching that sell by date.

I am positive at the moment but last week got rushed into A& E as I had  horrendous runs, turns out it was just a nasy bug but sleept 4 days and nights solid and when I woke up I wished I hadn't. All those type of thoughts have gone now I am better and on fighting form!

Sat watching the party at the palace abnd I I am deffo past it as the songs and acts from now I have no clue who they are or what tbey are singing about.... give me Diano Ross any day BlushBlushBlush

• Oh no , I came out of hospital a few weeks ago my treatment  or the cancer has made me diabetic ! Insulin the lot. But just have to get on with it. We all get down days, but I try to get out of it withh loud music and dance about the house . Watching the concert and why do the male dancers keep holding there dingle dangers are they scared they'll fall off. Thinking Rofl Xx

• Maybe they are scared the women will be able to see how small their bits are in those tight costumes and are actually hiding them !!! Lol

So sorry to hear you have ended up with diabetes, has the cancer caused that? I think a lot of this, even though I am not religious, "I must have done something to upset Him upstairs, how much more crap can he throw at me,?" I lost so much weight at the beginnings of this I have spent are year to get back to 8 stone. But like you say, you just have to get on with it. You know it has suprised me how brave you can when needed. Well i am waffling so I will say goodnight, chat soon x