Hair

• 22 replies
  • 67 subscribers

Just had my first treatment with Eribulin. I asked for cold cap and they said not needed as it was only a 5 min infusion. Now all my hair is  falling  out. Not happy. 

• That is very lovely, not warm though! 

Sarah 

• Love it . Tha is definitely my answer ! 

• Thank you . I’ll give the shampoo a try. 

• Had my second dose and I had the cold cap and hair loss has def slowed. It is horrible and adds two and a half hours to the treatment .  We’ll see what happens after next infusion. 

• No, you'd need a hat anyway this weather, but if your head is a nice shape and smooth, it would look good I think, especially on younger women who might be impacted more and worried about appearance.  There are lots of pretty patterns out there.  Rainie x

• Hi you should of had the cold cap on the first round sorry that you didn't it is very painful for that first half an hr but it is worth it a lot depends on how much you want to keep your hair I would stick with it but also try not to wash your hair as often but when you do that shampoo that was mentioned really helps also in bed wear a hair net this helps as well xxx

Flippen
  • That henna tattoo looks fab. I had a colleague ( younger than me by 20 years) who had one done when she lost her hair due to chemo. It was great and she said wherever she went she got loads of favourable comments on it including younger people wanting to get one done themselves. I feel I might be a bit too old to carry it off, and it is def not as warm as a hat.

Next treatment due Friday, fingers crossed white cell count is up by then.

, Glad the cold cap seems to be slowing hair loss, hope it works for you, there must be some reward for going through that discomfort. But if it doesnt work - I hope you can embrace a new look.

• Thank you for advice. Just keeping my fingers crossed now . 

• Yes, discomfort horrible, but will keep trying before I embrace it ! 

• Hi Keepfit, I'm pleased the use of the cold cap seemed to slow things down, hope it works well for you!

Hi Norberry, Oh you big smoothie!!!

Hi OBS was it you who said that with a wig on, you looked like your older sister. I cannot seem to be able to change pager on site, so can't go back to look! Anyway, When I looked at a photo of me with a wig on, it was as if I was looking at my older sister and as she is 7 years older than me, it's not a good look! I was also aware it did slip forward! Not for me.

I loved the henna but wouldn't have the confidence to have it done! Good luck to anyone who has, it looks stunning!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!